• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

looking for a bun to rehome, advice and help please

bunfan

New Kit
**update. Bunny found**

Please can I sayin advance please dont think we are cruel excluding certain buns but we hope that we can offer a home to a bunny that may otherwise be difficult to rehome.

We used to have a beautiful house rabbit that had his front teeth removed due to misalignment and we were worried at first how he would cope with his food but he lived in the house with us which enabled us to monitor his eating closely. It worked out well because he had full roam of the entire house and so much love and attention because we never had to worry about him chewing cables or eating something he shouldnt he was never confined to a cage.

We are looking for a similar rabbit so we can have the same beautiful relationship and offer another dental bunny a wonderful home. We are usually at home as work shifts for childcare reasons so the house is occupied 90 percent of the time.*

Please let me know if you have or hear of any buns with front teeth missing that are struggling to find homes. Preferably under 3/4 years of age and a nice large breed is preferred as I know netherlands etc are not good with children.

We would offer the bunny a loving home with a great garden, plenty of space and having owned many rabbits in the past I can guarantee they would be well looked after.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hiya bunfan and welcome...

There are thousands of rabbits in rescue centres awaiting their forever home and in particular, bunnies with "issues"

Where are you in the UK?

Fee xx

Ps ... You have a kind heart:love:

Thank u, we are in the west midlands but willing to travel.

I know some people may think we are cruel seeking a bun with no front teeth but having been there before I know ut works well for us and it was perfect to see our old bun having "had enough" taking himself off under the bed or hiding elsewhere and me not thinking... oh.. i wonder if hes chewing cables...

He was so happy, king of the house chilling wherever he liked. It was lovely for all of us

rspca walsall are west midlands, and honeybunnies is not far in leicester. although many rescues rehome nationally. :wave:

Rabbit Residence Rescue is near Royston which is a distance (not actually that far tbh if you are used to driving) and they have some buns without front teeth at present - they would love to hear from you.

Contact details are on the rabbit rehome pages here or their own website.

I replied to your message on FB, off the top of my head for Rabbit Residence we don't have any single dental buns ready for rehoming (we're having more molar issues lately than incisor!). Rabbit Residence also does not rehome singly, even for house bunnies, they would still be alone when everyone has gone to sleep and that's playtime for bunnies!

And a rabbit without incisors can't be guaranteed to be destruction free - they could still gum wires or dig dig dig!

There is Pico & Wellington who have been at the rescue sometime. Pico is a little shy but Wellington can be bold as brass. He still has his incisors but they are misaligned and need regular monitoring. Would need to discuss with Caroline whether removal is an option.
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=32055

Last edited:
Catxx - sorry - my fault - I confused your recent outbreak of molar issues with incisor issues.

I didnt know you didnt rehome singles even as house buns - I shall remember that in future. In fact our Parsley Piert goes to bed when we do and gets up when we do - he has become very human in the hours he keeps. He actually often goes to bed before us - at about 10pm he wanders off upstairs on his own and settles down under the bed for the night - and just will not get up before 7am at the earliest - tends to lie at the (open) bedroom door and trip us up as we come and go to the bathroom.

Please can I sayin advance please dont think we are cruel excluding certain buns but we hope that we can offer a home to a bunny that may otherwise be difficult to rehome.

We used to have a beautiful house rabbit that had his front teeth removed due to misalignment and we were worried at first how he would cope with his food but he lived in the house with us which enabled us to monitor his eating closely. It worked out well because he had full roam of the entire house and so much love and attention because we never had to worry about him chewing cables or eating something he shouldnt he was never confined to a cage.

We are looking for a similar rabbit so we can have the same beautiful relationship and offer another dental bunny a wonderful home. We are usually at home as work shifts for childcare reasons so the house is occupied 90 percent of the time.*

Please let me know if you have or hear of any buns with front teeth missing that are struggling to find homes. Preferably under 3/4 years of age and a nice large breed is preferred as I know netherlands etc are not good with children.

We would offer the bunny a loving home with a great garden, plenty of space and having owned many rabbits in the past I can guarantee they would be well looked after.

Thank you

I think it's a lovely idea to have buns free roaming the house! Mine have never known a cage since coming to live with me ...

Welcome to the Forum and I hope you manage to find a lovely bun or two to love, soon x

I think it's a lovely idea to adopt your next bun! Plenty of rabbits are single because they just won't bond with other buns, so if it's a lone rabbit you're after that shouldn't be too much of a problem! One without teeth might narrow things down quite a bit if if you're not too fussed on looks/age/temperament I'm sure you'll find one before too long!

Welcome to the forum anyway! :D

Caroline at RR lives by the idea that no bun is unbondable, some just take a while to find their perfect partner :)

Awww bless him. Thanks fot thinking of us. We have now adopted a bunny. . He comes complete with teeth lol. He is such a sweetie x il put pics on soon x

Back