• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How old?..

Glingle

Warren Veteran
Ended up at the vets today as Flop seems to have injured his back leg(s). Hubby noticed he wasn't moving well at breakfast so off the vets this morning. They can't feel any fractures and as we know buns hide their pain well. She gave him an anti inflammatory injection and has given me loxicom to give him orally once a day. Obviously if there's no improvement or he gets worse then it's straight back and they'll do x-rays.
Anyway whilst I was in the waiting room I was chatting to another bunny owner (who had a very poorly looking bunny wrapped in a blanket on his knee who was 4 months old and apparently was constipated. I made sure he took home a copy of the RWAF bunny care guide that they had in the waiting room) I said that my two were about 5 1/2 years old now, which he seemed surprised by. Whilst in the consulting room with Bramble when they took Flop off the be weighed I noticed on the computer screen that Flop was actually 7 years and 7 months old! When the heck did that happen? It doesn't seem that long since he was a tiny bundle of fluff that we were trying to sex from a print off from the internet. He was part of an accidental litter that my uni friend had.

Poor Flop, I hope the Loxicom helps his sore back. Maybe he has some arthritis ?

It is scary how quickly the years fly by isn't it xx

Ended up at the vets today as Flop seems to have injured his back leg(s). Hubby noticed he wasn't moving well at breakfast so off the vets this morning. They can't feel any fractures and as we know buns hide their pain well. She gave him an anti inflammatory injection and has given me loxicom to give him orally once a day. Obviously if there's no improvement or he gets worse then it's straight back and they'll do x-rays.
Anyway whilst I was in the waiting room I was chatting to another bunny owner (who had a very poorly looking bunny wrapped in a blanket on his knee who was 4 months old and apparently was constipated. I made sure he took home a copy of the RWAF bunny care guide that they had in the waiting room) I said that my two were about 5 1/2 years old now, which he seemed surprised by. Whilst in the consulting room with Bramble when they took Flop off the be weighed I noticed on the computer screen that Flop was actually 7 years and 7 months old! When the heck did that happen? It doesn't seem that long since he was a tiny bundle of fluff that we were trying to sex from a print off from the internet. He was part of an accidental litter that my uni friend had.

I hope the leg(s) settle down with the anit- inflammatory. These buns get about a bit, I'm surprised they don't strain legs more often :shock:

How lovely he's reached such a good age!

Sorry for the late reply. He seems slightly better, refused all treats yesterday after his meds, so I worried he wasn't eating and so spent 15 mins in the rain looking through a gap in the shed door to check he was eating. He took his breakfast off me this morning. Going to go and give him his meds now. Have got an appointment booked at vets for Monday to get him checked over again.

Back