• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit found in Hamstall Ridware, WS15.

Cookie&Twix

Alpha Buck
Hi guys!

It's been an age since I was last on this site, things have been going swimmingly with my 2 gorgeous fluffsters, I only tend to remember to come here if I have any concerns about them.

Anyway, they are both absolutely fine and lovely as ever, but I thought I would pop around here to see if anyone has lost a bunny or knows of someone who has lost a bunny in my area. I know this bunny has been on the loose since at least Monday (8th) as it was found on my neighbours property and she though it was one of mine. A different neighbour found it on Wednesday and also asked if it was mine. This morning my hubby was about to go out in the car and came back in to tell me the bunny was huddled in the corner of our driveway against the wall. We managed to catch it, it's been fed and watered and is currently housed in our spare hutch (which is too small for the bunny, but at least it will be safe, warm and cared for while in my care). It has a small wound/sore on it's shoulder, so a trip to the vet tomorrow to make sure it is ok and have a general checkup at the very least.

I am in Hamstall Ridware, a small rural village so I am guessing it is from around here. I have made a post on my FB and on the village community FB page and will put up some posters. If anybody here knows of anyone in the area missing a bunny let me know!

I suppose if nobody comes forward, I will have the pleasure of trying to create a bonded threesome :shock:

15831658668_e989f460a4_c.jpg
[/url]DSC_3808 by Madhouseof5, on Flickr[/IMG]

16018388202_1d8561e9aa_c.jpg
[/url]DSC_3809 by Madhouseof5, on Flickr[/IMG]

15831656098_8d80494fdb_c.jpg
[/url]DSC_3810 by Madhouseof5, on Flickr[/IMG]

16018445072_c5d70b6e3c_c.jpg
[/url]20141214_125723_resized_1 by Madhouseof5, on Flickr[/IMG]

:thumb:... Awwwwww , what cute bunnies... He/she is very handsome..

In a strange way, I am hoping no-one claims it as your two seem to have taken a shine!!!:love:

Best of luck
Fee x

He is such a beautiful bunny. Biscuit (lionhead) seems quite taken, spent some time sitting quietly by the door of the hutch. He's not long turned 8 and is a very laid back, lovely boy. Brie is a whirlwind of a handful of a girl and age doesn't seem to be calming her any, lol! She's cheeky & friendly but very strong willed, so will probably be the one to watch. My kids are quite taken too and are hoping nobody comes calling for him... me too, although if one of mine went missing I would want someone to really try and reunite us, so am playing fair! He will live out his life with us if he is not claimed.

His colour is gorgeous, it's hard not to fall in love with him :love:

16023070955_7a9aaa7007_c.jpg

Hiya, you are very close to us (Walsall RSPCA) :wave: When you take him to the vets get them to check him for a microchip. Might be worth also listing him on www.petslocated.com if you are able to - the RSPCA list all found animals on there

Glad to hear Brie is doing well :love: xx

We can't thank you enough for Brie, she is a joy and a wonderful addition to our household. She is SUCH a character and it's hard to believe the horrid start in life she had. So great job, I'm sure you are not told enough! I will certainly ask them to check for a chip and put a post on that site.

Oh, and here are some recent shots of Brie for you.

Shows her character well:
16022642782_9c76c40996_c.jpg

And sitting pretty!

15403695483_f94376770a_c.jpg

Maybe the vet will recognise her - might worth getting any others in the practice to take a peak at her. That's quite a distinctive colour and if it's a small village the owner may use the same vet.

Lovely photos :D

He does like OK like he has been well looked after so maybe someone is missing him, let us know how are it goes at vets

Been to the vet. I have a healthy, intact bouncy boy on my hands! He's not chipped and the vet and staff don't recognise him and have not had any reports of a missing bunny. I will list him on that site you recommended Becky. I will be getting him neutered after the holidays if not claimed and then will try to bond them as a trio.

Been to the vet. I have a healthy, intact bouncy boy on my hands! He's not chipped and the vet and staff don't recognise him and have not had any reports of a missing bunny. I will list him on that site you recommended Becky. I will be getting him neutered after the holidays if not claimed and then will try to bond them as a trio.

bless him

Thanks Jon. I've just had a look at Floki - such a lovely, heartwarming story and ofcourse, beautiful photos!

I will probably start a thread in the photo section, will do it later today as have some new photos of Smokey.

I am guessing that Smokey is now in his forever home?!

Best of luck with the bonding when the time comes.

Back