• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fantastic news from PETA regarding angora.

Thankyou for posting this Mrs.Bunnykins ..
I work with children, 9 to 12+ years old, some who are too frightened to even consider braving the world, yet when we are together we often remind each other that happiness comes from a series of steps towards a better place for US all. Sometimes the children will ask me direct questions about these issues, because they 'see the issues' in their own lives and everywhere they look.
It is so valuable to have true positive news to inform them when they ask me.. because they do ask me, I don't initiate their topics x

Last edited:
Thankyou for posting this Mrs.Bunnykins ..
I work with children, 9 to 12+ years old, some who are too frightened to even consider braving the world, yet when we are together we often remind each other that happiness comes from a series of steps towards a better place for US all. Sometimes the children will ask me direct questions about these issues, because they 'see the issues' in their own lives and everywhere they look.
It is so valuable to have true positive news to inform them when they ask me.. because they do ask me, I don't initiate their topics x

Your job sounds very demanding but I would imagine extremely rewarding.

Glad I was able to be of service.:thumb::wave:

It happens over and over. Businesses make a big show of giving it up, but then have it in stock again as soon as things go quiet.

Seems they can't commit to being angora free at all :cry::cry:

It's such a shame that the retailers don't keep their word :(

I've had talks with the young people I work with and they've all said they wouldn't buy Any fur...
One young girl, Alice, who is 12, actually takes products off the shelves and takes them to the checkouts.. announcing "This Is Wrong!, it's real animal fur / bunny fur! would you like it if they did this to you?" and just leaving them there on the counter and storming out, in front of the other shoppers ( her mum has confirmed with me that she does really do this )

Just read on facebook today that Topshop have Angora in again!

I assume it is because of this:

As of December 2014, the following companies have told PETA or its international affiliates that they will not be using angora in future collections

Might be collections already prepared since they agreed to this so therefore they haven't said they won't continue selling stock they already have, hopefully that's the reason, although until I hear for definite they've stopped making new angora products I won't be shopping there

Just keep in mind that old stock and lines for any of these stores could contain angora so before buying anything check labels!

Back