• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

removing dog crate doors

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
what can I use to remove the front dogcrate door of mabels house in my room, its never shut, and I keep getting bruises banging my legs into it when get out of bed :oops:, I don't want to damage it though, if it can be removed somehow so that if ever needs be that I need to put door back on, say if I ever did get mabel I new friend in future or not, but as of now mabel seems quite content being queen and me being her slave

I think you'll need a pair of pliers to prize open the metal clips that form the hinges. If you're careful, you'll be able to reuse them.

Do you just have it loose now? When we had the dog crate we cable tied the door open because it was squeaky :p Pulled it quite tight and it was fine :) We contemplated taking the door off but it seemed like too much work :lol:

Do you just have it loose now? When we had the dog crate we cable tied the door open because it was squeaky :p Pulled it quite tight and it was fine :) We contemplated taking the door off but it seemed like too much work :lol:

the doors just wide open but the end catches my legs sometimes when I go to bed, I had thought of getting rid of it all together, but its like a hide out for mabel, and sometimes she has a snooze in there like its cosy, if she isn't asleep in there then she is behind the bedroom door making me fall over again in night if I need a wee lol, as im feeling around in dark to make sure she isn't lying near door when open it lol

Back