• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apache is poorly :(

Thanks guys, sorry I haven't updated, things were a bit hectic here last night.

He has/had stasis and was refusing all food and obviously in pain....the vet gave him metaclop and a painkiller and a couple of other things I forget.

He's been much brighter since and is eating by himself, quite a lot of hay and dried forage He's still very obviously not himself though but I guess that's to be expected so soon after a bad bout of stasis?

We have an appointment this afternoon at 2 if we need it. I'm debating whether to take him or not - on the one hand I don't want to stress him out, on the other he's barely pooped at all so I'm leaning towards taking him.

Does anyone happen to know how long an opiate painkiller injection lasts? He had one last night at 6pm so I'm assuming it's worn off by now? If so then he's improved as he's not showing pain symptoms now.

PS Skye is drivin me nuts. :lol: I've separated them so I can check Apache's poops and she's being VERY loud and trashin the place in protest. :lol:

Thanks guys, sorry I haven't updated, things were a bit hectic here last night.

He has/had stasis and was refusing all food and obviously in pain....the vet gave him metaclop and a painkiller and a couple of other things I forget.

He's been much brighter since and is eating by himself, quite a lot of hay and dried forage He's still very obviously not himself though but I guess that's to be expected so soon after a bad bout of stasis?

We have an appointment this afternoon at 2 if we need it. I'm debating whether to take him or not - on the one hand I don't want to stress him out, on the other he's barely pooped at all so I'm leaning towards taking him.

Does anyone happen to know how long an opiate painkiller injection lasts? He had one last night at 6pm so I'm assuming it's worn off by now? If so then he's improved as he's not showing pain symptoms now.

Glad to hear that he seems to be feeling a bit better. Opiate analgesia usually wears off after about 4-6 hours.

Is he pooing now ? Keeping his fluid intake up should help, so I'd try to encourage him to drink xx

Thanks Jane :)

He's done around twenty tiny little poops since last night (like 4mm) which isn't ideal but better than nothing I guess:?

I've not seen him drinking, but Ive been syringing him critical care (on vet's recommendations) and I've been making it quite a wet mix usin warm water to try and keep him hydrated, does this sound ok?

Back