• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First complaint about my bunnys from neighbours :(

moi

Mama Doe
Well I say Bunnys, one in particular. Buster has had to be seperated from the other 2, and we are looking onto rehoming him. But in the meantime he does alot of cross thumping outside. Im not sure which neighbour as we have neiighbours each side and 2 backing off from us, but a note was popped through the door saying that they are being kept awake by the 'constant thumping' during the night :(I completly understand where they are coming from as it does my head in, and I also get cross with one of my neighbours yappy little dog keep barking :(

Could you line his hutch with something like vet bed or rubber matting to reduce the noise? There have been threads about this before so you could search and see what solutions people came up with.

There must be a reason that is causing him to thump? Is there anything that you could think of that is causing him to thump? Wasn't he living indoors before?

Oh dear :( People are so quick to make a fuss.

A thick layer of foam topped with lino miht muffle it a bit. Seal it round the edges so he doesn't nibble. Good luck!

There must be a reason that is causing him to thump? Is there anything that you could think of that is causing him to thump? Wasn't he living indoors before?

Im presuming it is because hes now alone. He was outdoors then went into the outhouse when he was bonded, and that didnt work so hes back outside again. Hes got his litter tray in one part and Ive just popped some vet bed down to see if that helps.

Can you put him back in the outhouse? I know that once inside a shed or similar, they stop thumping. Good luck.

To be honest I woulod too if he wasnt my rabbit and was keeping me awake :)

I guess - it's just that there's always some amount of noise at night, it can't be controlled. We have shrieky foxes, all night freight trains and low flying planes here and no one has died of exhaustion yet!

Anyway I hope you find a solution that makes everyone happy :)

Uh oh Slipper sometimes stamps in the night for reasons unknown. Touch wood nobody's complained yet (apart from my OH :roll:)

Last night I went out and put loads of towles etc in to stop the noise. He then procedded to thumping in the run which is on concrete! How can such little things make such a thud x

Back