• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone tried 2014 batch of Timothyhay.co.uk?

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
As title really. I chickened out and bought 20kg of the 2013 batch as my fluffs all love it so much (it's REALLY stalky). How much softer is the 2014 batch?

It is quite a bit softer and not as green. There's still some stalky stuff in there. It's easier to get out of the bag! My two will eat any hay to be honest though so I don't know if it passes the test taste with other bunnies.

I haven't tried the 2013 batch yet - but all I can say is that I'm going through 10kgs of 2014 hay a week between 8 buns - not sure if that's a lot or not but they do seem to absolutely love it - and Holly thumps if I'm a tiny bit late in my schedule and give them their hay later than usual (pellets, change water, hay).

Mine do eat the 2014 which is much softer but I've gone back to the 2013 as they do prefer it and dance around my feet when I'm filling the hay racks. :wave: :D

My buns actually seem to prefer the 2014 batch, they seem to prefer the softer stuff (they're forever eating their soft bedding hay too!).

Thanks guys. Benji actively seeks out the really stalky pieces, which is why I went for two large bales of 2013 hay. The piggies will eat ANYTHING :roll::lol:.

I'll perhaps order a small bale of 2014 hay just to try it.

I've just ordered another bag of the 2014. I'll probably get a 2013 bag next time but it won't last as long as a 2014 bag and I didn't want to run out over Christmas.

I've just ordered another bag of the 2014. I'll probably get a 2013 bag next time but it won't last as long as a 2014 bag and I didn't want to run out over Christmas.

I know what you mean. I only have one bunny now but between him and the 3 piggies, they empty a 10kg sack in a month :shock:. There's no way I can risk running out over christmas!

Back