• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arthur can jump! UD even higher!!!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I came home to a photo frame on the floor and nibble marks in a wicker basket of mine, I was confused as to what had happened as there's no way a bunny as little as Arthur could have jumped nearly 3 foot is there?! I think I underestimated him... I put treats up there so I could see if they magically disappeared... He saw and went immediately for them though with no shame :lol: He's had a nibble on my coats too :roll: :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: I think you'll have to bunny proof everything ;) Dandy and Beano are teeny but lively and I've seen them jump 4ft without any problems! Boots doesn't jump up so high though.

You've picked a real character there :lol:

He just glides up doesn't he? No thinking about it and working out if it's too much or anything... no challenge whatsoever.

When Tink was quite newly established indoors I was working at the computer and heard a suspicious thud and turned round to see Tink on top of a fish tank that I measured to be a height of 42", there was only a fairly flimsy plastic tray on top of it so she's lucky that she didn't get a soaking :shock: (The base and sides of it were bunny proofed, or so I thought!)

:lol: I think you'll have to bunny proof everything ;) Dandy and Beano are teeny but lively and I've seen them jump 4ft without any problems! Boots doesn't jump up so high though.

He's going to be jumping on the dining table isn't he :shock: and the window sills :shock: what have I let myself in for :lol:

Lilly isn't a jumper really, she's jumped on to the arms of the sofa which are only a few inches shorter than my desk, but she is much bigger than Arthur plus I've also seen her at least 50% of the time mis-time her jump and fall off the sofa arm :roll: I wonder if she doesn't jump so well because she's so big? She has more muscle and a height advantage on Arthur, but then she's got to move double his weight up against gravity!

You've picked a real character there :lol:

He just glides up doesn't he? No thinking about it and working out if it's too much or anything... no challenge whatsoever.

When Tink was quite newly established indoors I was working at the computer and heard a suspicious thud and turned round to see Tink on top of a fish tank that I measured to be a height of 42", there was only a fairly flimsy plastic tray on top of it so she's lucky that she didn't get a soaking :shock: (The base and sides of it were bunny proofed, or so I thought!)

:shock: that must have been a bit of a shock! :lol: it's amazing what bunnies can do isn't it?!

Arthur is definitely a character :p every night without fail he's jumped onto my face from the floor! There's all the other sides of a double bed to jump onto but no, he wants to jump on the side I lay and he wants to jump on to my face to check I'm still alive I assume :roll: this happens multiple times per night!

I heard him scrabbling all over the desk last night a few times again, he loves exploring!

Woah! Check him out!! He's a gorgeous boy, I love his light coloured eye liner!
X

It looks really obvious in some lighting but hardly noticeable at all in some lighting!

:lol: I like how he looks at you just before he jumps, like 'hey, watch this!' :love:

He really is very cheeky! I think it's funny that he'd not done this before in front of me, then he watches me go from his treat bag to the desk and he immediately put two and two together to realise there were now treats on the desk!

I know what you mean about lightness and height 'advantage' and jumping: Lopsy's clearly capable of jumping out of his run, but never has. He can now stretch all the way to the top of it and poke his nose out of the hatch without trying too hard, but hasn't yet decided the strawberry patch is too tempting (although after last night's sprout fiasco, maybe he will...!).

Looks like you've got your work cut out: good luck!

Arthur says he's getting bored in the tiny bonding pen so he's started jumping out :shock: I put the towel there as a deterrent as he was using the bars to climb a bit an I was worried he'd hurt himself, he doesn't seem to care about hurting himself! (Excuse the teeny bit of humping at the start!)

I spent about ten mins going back and forth putting him back in after he jumped out! At least 10 times! I put a towel over it and he still managed to get over that!

Gave him some herbs to distract him whilst I ran downstairs to grab their breakfast, gave them breakfast and he's now DBFed, not surprised he's tired! Lilly is laid out alongside him for her post brekkie snooze, her face when he jumps :lol: she must be thinking "what on earth did you bring home with you, a parrot?! That ain't a rabbit!"

Back