• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breeds is Nancy a cross between?

Den

Mama Doe
As the heading really, sorting out insurance for them and I know she's a cross, I think I've read somewhere that the white markings mean there's a bit of dutch bunny in her. She's short-haired. The company who are looking the best (believe it or not the one OH insured the new van for breakdown cover) dont have an "other"

Any suggestions welcome.

Could be anything really.....do you absolutely have to specify her parentage?? I just put 'crossbreed' on my insurance forms and left it at that.

She is sweet, looks like a nethie but that said she also looks like a minilop with uppie ears!!

The white patches are due to one of her parents being a blue eyed white rabbit. (possibly a mini lop and crossed with a nethie)

She's too big for a Nethie. Will her husbun is a Nethie and she's twice his size 2.7 kilos to his 1.8.

I don't know if I have to be exact about her breed. When I've been online looking I've just put crossbreed but tonight when I was on the phone to the brokers they did their 'do you know we offer..etc" so I asked for a quote and they wanted to know. The policy seemed pretty comprehensive and reasonable excess. I was put through to a different department after I'd sorted the van out.:D

nethies can vary in size quite a lot, show bred ones are tiny but pet standard are bigger and then of course crosses are even bigger :) I'd say theres a little nethie in there

When I had my first bunnies (over 20 years ago!) from my friends accidental litter, my girl bunny Black velvet looked like her but also had half a white ring on her back. We had a pair from them, who her parents had mis sexed one (we had no idea and were completely naive that they could get it wrong) so we had an accidental litter of our own and some of the babies looked just like her too. They were a real mix with some having fuller Dutch markings, others just a white nose and paws. So I would say Nancy does have some Dutch in her somewhere.

:love: :love:

Thanks all. I'm going to look on the company website and see what the choices are. I'd like to think there's some Dutch in her as I love Dutch bunnies so much. But also I love that she may have some nethie in her because of Will.

Can I just ask those who have suggested nethie why you think this as I'm sat looking at a pic of the two of them on my desktop and can't see any similarities. This could of course be as the only nethie I know is Will. :oops:

I'm pretty clueless on breeds.:lol: and don't know what to look for.

Facially she looks like a mini lop to me, she looks like Blackavar with that cute face. But obviously she has sticky up ears :lol: the White paw & nose also says Dutch to me too. Her ears look a little large for Nethie ears - I know crossbreed nethies will have larger ears than pure nethies, but I'm not seeing Nethie anywhere. Sorry to confuse you :lol:

Facially she looks like a mini lop to me, she looks like Blackavar with that cute face. But obviously she has sticky up ears :lol: the White paw & nose also says Dutch to me too. Her ears look a little large for Nethie ears - I know crossbreed nethies will have larger ears than pure nethies, but I'm not seeing Nethie anywhere. Sorry to confuse you :lol:

It doesn't take much to confuse me.:lol:

its the head shape that reminds me of my Sebastian and he was a nethie cross

156925_10150147766295558_6545085_n.jpg

Back