• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies going for an 'MOT' on Saturday

MummyBunnyEm

Mama Doe
I have booked Chloe & Barney in for health checks & nail trims at the vets on Saturday.
Barney likes to make a scene in his carrier in the waiting room, he digs & digs making lots of noise! I'll definitely be taking his breakfast along with me this time to keep him occupied :lol: He is also a bit of a nightmare with getting his nails done and won't stay still. Chloe is the opposite and gets very frightened :(

How do your bunnies behave at the vets?

Charley and Leo do a starfish.
Donny turns into an even bigger pain in the butt, he's a big bunny so his thumps are very loud.. He is usually a very calm 'lets you do anything' to him bunny. Lola on the other hand, who is 99% devil rabbit, sits nicely and will accept strokes and everything.
Kerbie is alright, but will try and sit on your shoulders occasionally. Same with Leo!

Poppy used to climb every one too, but she was probably the best behaved!

Charley and Leo do a starfish.
Donny turns into an even bigger pain in the butt, he's a big bunny so his thumps are very loud.. He is usually a very calm 'lets you do anything' to him bunny. Lola on the other hand, who is 99% devil rabbit, sits nicely and will accept strokes and everything.
Kerbie is alright, but will try and sit on your shoulders occasionally. Same with Leo!

Poppy used to climb every one too, but she was probably the best behaved!

Chloe is just like Lola, turns into butter wouldn't melt bunny rather than little madam bunny with an attitude! :lol:

I need to book my two in for this as well. I'm not looking forward to it, both aren't a fan of being handled :( x

Bentley usually does a massive wee......he's a continental giant so his wees are really big and despite him being neutered they are also quite smelly. He usually does a big puddle on the floor, but one time he fired it all over my vet's shoe. :oops: My vet loves him though, so he is always forgiven.

Mine don't like the vet. Both need bunny burrito treatment when nails are clipped.
George bit a vet once. Another time he had to stay overnight after he stopped eating and had to be given fluids. The vet nurses nick-named him ninja because he was so grumpy and tried to go for their hands at feeding times. :shock: Last time we went the vet got away with just a bad scratch on her hand. :oops:
Bess is frightened and just freezes.

Bentley usually does a massive wee......he's a continental giant so his wees are really big and despite him being neutered they are also quite smelly. He usually does a big puddle on the floor, but one time he fired it all over my vet's shoe. :oops: My vet loves him though, so he is always forgiven.

:lol:

mabel is a model patient, so was sox, the vet said it was a privalage (sp?) to care for him

hope the MOT goes well :wave:

Lopsy was a nightmare on his first (ever :roll:) visit: went mental and hurt himself (bashed his lip in and bled everywhere), nearly off the table multiple times, lacerated the vet nurse good and proper... Second time, castration visit, no real trouble apparently (I left him with them in his carrier and picked him up later)! And his follow-up was pretty sedate too. No 'normal' checkups or nailtrims yet, so we'll see...

Lopsy was a nightmare on his first (ever :roll:) visit: went mental and hurt himself (bashed his lip in and bled everywhere), nearly off the table multiple times, lacerated the vet nurse good and proper... Second time, castration visit, no real trouble apparently (I left him with them in his carrier and picked him up later)! And his follow-up was pretty sedate too. No 'normal' checkups or nailtrims yet, so we'll see...

Oh dear poor Lopsy, at least he hasn't had any more injuries since his first visit to the vets. I bet you were worried taking him the second time! They just panic sometimes don't they.

:lol: This is the same as Barney, right down to weeing on the vet's feet! It's his little dirty protest :roll:

All is fine :thumb: They both behaved really well.
Vet was very pleased with Chloes coat (I have to cut it to prevent it from matting). Barney is slightly on the porky side but I expected that, he's just over 5.6kg, Chloe 5.5kg.

All is fine :thumb: They both behaved really well.
Vet was very pleased with Chloes coat (I have to cut it to prevent it from matting). Barney is slightly on the porky side but I expected that, he's just over 5.6kg, Chloe 5.5kg.

Glad they're all fine! And glad they behaved too!

Lilly is a monster at the vets if she's being examined, but when it was Harvey who we were going to the vets for she'd explore the room and lay down in the middle of the room :lol: my vet calls her a madam because she kicks up a massive fuss at being examined, sometimes squeals, then jumps less than a foot away from us, has a wash nicely and calmly, then lays down, she's obviously not that scared of being examined, she just doesn't want to be :lol:

As long as these two stay healthy until Lilly's next jabs I won't know what Arthur is like at the vets until March!

Glad they're all fine! And glad they behaved too!

Lilly is a monster at the vets if she's being examined, but when it was Harvey who we were going to the vets for she'd explore the room and lay down in the middle of the room :lol: my vet calls her a madam because she kicks up a massive fuss at being examined, sometimes squeals, then jumps less than a foot away from us, has a wash nicely and calmly, then lays down, she's obviously not that scared of being examined, she just doesn't want to be :lol:

As long as these two stay healthy until Lilly's next jabs I won't know what Arthur is like at the vets until March!

Lilly sounds like a bit of a diva! :lol:

Back