• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else's bunnies enjoying the cold weather?

catxx

Mama Doe
We've had a few breakfast in bed moments, mainly when it's wet, but my two seem happy as anything and were racing around and binkying everywhere at the weekend. They don't like damp much, but cold seems to be just fine!

They seem far more curious now they have their shed plus the cooler temperatures. I keep giving them Snugglesafes only to find them pushed down the ramp when I go to collect them haha! I also keep finding Bob humping Pat's head when I go to bring them breakfast in the morning...a new thing, apparently the boy gets too excited about his food!

mmm frozen Hazel leaves, my favourite!
10848291_686804864750967_432416888_n.jpg

Mine are confined to the shed today, we have heavy snow showers and a good covering in the garden. Treacle isn't impressed with going out in the adjoining enclosure, but Toffee went out for a run, and got a very wet bum ! silly bunny !

that's a lovely photo, mabel wouldn't cope outdoors now being house rabbit and her fur won't be enough to keep her warm to play out

I'm hoping I can get home (well, parents' house in Essex) and back with a promised decent tarpaulin/similar and some old net curtains before any significant snow in Nott'm! We used to chuck a net curtain over the top of Charlie's run when we had more than an inch or two of snow, so he could still get outside :) Will be doing it with Lopsy too!

Two of mine are in the conservatory so it has been cold out there. I have put their oil filled radiator heater thing on and I often catch Cookie spread out catching the warmth from it, and I think even Frankie has been now too. So I would say they love it for that reason they get the heater to lounge out near now lol!! I swear Cookie is secretly a cat!

Mine are managing fine... their shed is lovely, even for me. OH and I lived on two narrow boats ( it's how we met, by accidentally mooring next to each other ) for 10 years before we sold them to get the house.

The buns shed is way cosier than the boats and much more steady in this weather, and for me it's like a 'home from home' and the Buns are Loving it.

Forest still likes to have a play out in the garden everyday, but Fern's not bothered, she's a home bun, or should I say a shed bun.. they seem very happy :D

Mine seem to quite enjoy it. Often find them outside first/last thing when they could be in. Keep thinking about snugglesafes for them tho' . will keep an eye.

Back