• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Plan are turning me grey - 10 weeks and 1 day to re-assessment settlement!!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
.... thinking of cancelling policies ....except Elijah's of course, they don't get off that lightly :lol: My premiums for my 6 policies are currently £959 p/a.

Esme, I put claim in 28 August, they took off the excess £100. It was a claim for the same condition as previously in policy year. I disputed excess charge, they said get vet to confirm.

Vet sent confirmation on 8 October (9 weeks ago and I've been chasing this ever since) :evil:

I've just had yet another 8 minute call to them and it's 'in progress'.

On Saturday, 2.5 weeks after I was told it would take 14 days I was told it would be resolved on Monday as a supervisor was being alerted to the urgency... 2 days later and it isn't resolved.

I've had 6 phone calls along these lines and nobody is doing anything constructive about getting my £100 back to me. I got the strong impression from the early calls that they had received the information but it had just been put on file rather than anything being done with it. So as they say it takes maximum of 14 days to resolve I've chased every 14 days except if they give a specific date then I ring the day after.

It's like banging my head against a brick wall, I have too much to do to divert energies into this but I'm having to:evil:

I've told them I want it resolving by Friday or I make a complaint.

Last edited:
I'm afraid that they increased their premium, excess and vet bill contribution (as they've now reached 7) so much that I cancelled and have started a savings account to help with any future vet bills.

I'm afraid that they increased their premium, excess and vet bill contribution (as they've now reached 7) so much that I cancelled and have started a savings account to help with any future vet bills.

Yes, that adds up to me thinking of quitting anyway but if claiming is like getting blood out of a stone why even bother!!

Sorry you've had this problem. I've only ever had to deal with them for my cat, and have to say they were great and very efficient. I really hope your problem is only a blip and they don't go downhill, as I would have had to pay over £3,000 in the last 6 months without them ! Stand your ground, and I hope you get it sorted soon quickly xx

Yes, that adds up to me thinking of quitting anyway but if claiming is like getting blood out of a stone why even bother!!

When I wrote cancelling, they didn't even acknowledge . . . I expected to get a letter pointing out the benefits and attempting to persuade me to stay. I have one of my cats insured with them, too, but will cancel when it comes up for renewal next year.

When I wrote cancelling, they didn't even acknowledge . . . I expected to get a letter pointing out the benefits and attempting to persuade me to stay. I have one of my cats insured with them, too, but will cancel when it comes up for renewal next year.

I've found their service basic, I've had equal dealings with Pets at Home insurance and find them far nicer to deal with. Not acknowledging a letter is bad. I'm getting nowhere with them. I even sent them an email via 'contact us' on their website which they said they would respond to 'within 5 days'... it's now 10 days later and no response.

Except Elijah's of course, they don't get off that lightly :lol: My premiums for my 6 policies are currently £959 p/a.

Esme, I put claim in 28 August, they took off the excess £100. It was a claim for the same condition as previously in policy year. I disputed excess charge, they said get vet to confirm.

Vet sent confirmation on 8 October (9 weeks ago and I've been chasing this ever since) :evil:

I've just had yet another 8 minute call to them and it's 'in progress'.

On Saturday, 2.5 weeks after I was told it would take 14 days I was told it would be resolved on Monday as a supervisor was being alerted to the urgency... 2 days later and it isn't resolved.

I've had 6 phone calls along these lines and nobody is doing anything constructive about getting my £100 back to me. I got the strong impression from the early calls that they had received the information but it had just been put on file rather than anything being done with it. So as they say it takes maximum of 14 days to resolve I've chased every 14 days except if they give a specific date then I ring the day after.

It's like banging my head against a brick wall, I have too much to do to divert energies into this but I'm having to:evil:

I've told them I want it resolving by Friday or I make a complaint.

Its so stressful, isn't it? Grrrr ... as if having sick bunnies needing treatment wasn't enough :evil:

I had to give PetPlan up years ago when the premium for ONE rabbit cost £360 a year with an excess of £80.
<screams in frustration>

I remember your last thread about it - how frustrating for you :evil: I dread this happening in a few years for me, but hopefully helpucover won't be so bad. Their customer service doesn't sound great either - taking away the actual issue with the claim, it doesn't sound like they're being particularly helpful.

Hopefully you can get it resolved soon with minimal stress - although it sounds like it may be a bit late for the last part!

Oh dear, this doesn't fill me with confidence for future. I have three bunnies with Petplan & three with helpucover but I was going to switch to Petplan at next renewal date. Now I might not bother :?

Its so stressful, isn't it? Grrrr ... as if having sick bunnies needing treatment wasn't enough :evil:

I had to give PetPlan up years ago when the premium for ONE rabbit cost £360 a year with an excess of £80.
<screams in frustration>

:shock: Wow, that premium is a whopper, about £250 mark is the highest I've heard before, no wonder you gave it up.

Oh dear, this doesn't fill me with confidence for future. I have three bunnies with Petplan & three with helpucover but I was going to switch to Petplan at next renewal date. Now I might not bother :?

I've got to say this is the first time they've really messed up but it's like they've messed up several times over as every time I prompt them means they should resolve it and every time they don't is another black mark. I stupidly moved Rudy from Pets at Home insurance to Pet Plan a couple of years ago just before his fifth birthday. it was during the VIP fiasco and I didn't want to have Pets at Home insurance, didn't trust them but just at the moment they are streets ahead.

Well, I gave them til Friday to resolve it and they haven't so tomorrow when I've already got such a lot to do I will be writing my letter of complaint.:evil: I shall ask them if they would consider reimbursing my telephone calls and interest on my Barclay card, just to make a point :evil:... though loss of earnings pursuing them would actually be a much higher expense with the time it has taken continually chasing them.

I haven't got round to the complaint letter as I've just been so busy, I meant to do it yesterday but ... I've just received the following e-mail from Petplan:

"We're sorry to hear that ESME has not been in the best of health. It's a worrying time when a pet is unwell but it's reassuring to know that you have help with the cost of her veterinary treatment.

We're pleased to confirm payment of £100 will be paid into into your bank account ending ***** in the next few days. You can see details of this payment in the table below. Please also refer to the 'Notes' section as this may contain further information about the way your payment was calculated.

Condition Treatment Abdominal pain
Start Date Claim 26-AUG-14
Amount Excess Payment Notes £0.00 £-100.00 £100.00
Following receipt of further information from your vet, we have reassessed your claims. This means that we have made a further payment in respect of the excess deducted from your previous claim.

If anything is unclear take a look at our frequently asked questions relating to claims. Alternatively you can call us on 0845 071 8000 and we'll be happy to help.

All future claim payments for ESME will be paid electronically into this bank account unless you tell us otherwise.

We hope that we were able to offer you an excellent level of service during your time of need and we value your feedback. Therefore if you have a spare few minutes to review our service, we would really appreciate it. All you need to do is head over to reviewcentre and tell us what you think.

Wishing you and ESME all the best."

:D:D Glad I didn't have to waste even more of my valuable time on it.

Seriously... they want my feedback? They'd had my feedback over the last 10 weeks but i's made little difference so far. Anyhow, huge sigh of relief, it's now finished but how they managed to take a second excess off is still :?

:D:D I so needed this money back :D:D

Just to turn me grey a bit more, I went to the review centre and reviewed ... I just wanted to review but it wanted loads of passwords and user names and stuff not relevant to my case so I gave the user name 'Dismayed' it rejected it as that username is already in use ... so I went for 'Dismayed the second' ... it rejected that..(anybody guess why??).. I haven't got the energy to get to the end of their list!!

They sound to have been a complete nightmare !! I hope they do actually pay the money into your Account. I would not believe it til you see it though.

They sound to have been a complete nightmare !! I hope they do actually pay the money into your Account. I would not believe it til you see it though.

I'm fairly optimistic as I suppose now it's been passed to the numbers people who do the payments. I am very annoyed with them in the past though as they said if I wanted electronic payment 'just tick the box on the claim form' and they would pay it into the bank account they take the direct debits from... what they don't tell you is you also have to ring them to ask them to set it up.... you need a crystal ball for that one :evil: Even though you've ticked the box they send a cheque with no explanation of why you have a cheque, how much effort would it take to put a note in saying that I also need to set it up... instead of going round in circles :evil:

The money is in my account... then Pet plan have taken £15 back for one of my DDs :lol:

They were quick on this bit at least. *huge sigh of relief*

Back