PDA

View Full Version : WW: What are you getting your rabbit for Christmas?

Tamsin
10-12-2014, 05:45 AM
I'm thinking Scamp will get a years supply of Orchard grass, because after you guys kindly ID'd his favourite type of grass it's apparently the most expensive kind of hay you can buy - rabbits :roll: I just paid 11 for a kilo of dried grass. He gets so excited about it though :lol:

Jack's-Jane
10-12-2014, 07:31 AM
I am afraid that with 11 Rabbits I wont be buying Christmas presents :oops: I am making a few toys, cardboard tubes stuffed with hay that has dried herbs mixed in.

Mackers
10-12-2014, 07:35 AM
A willow 'carrot' and some bags of goddies from Galen's Garden.

LionheadLuver
10-12-2014, 07:48 AM
As they have moved indoors, I'm getting some new furniture for their new enclosure.:D I'm getting them a willow tunnel and a grassy house. They are also getting a willow basket filled with Timothy hay and a small willow ring, and a willow ball filled with hay.

happybun
10-12-2014, 08:07 AM
There are four of them and they've never expressed any interest in Christianity, so probably won't get any presents. :lol:

Kirotea
10-12-2014, 08:30 AM
My two aren't getting anything extravagant. I spent a lot of money on their enclosure a few months ago, although it was worth the money.

I've got a few new willow balls etc. I'll probably wrap up a load of hay with some treats in brown paper and sisal string then film them opening their "present" :lol:

iggyperdyandme
10-12-2014, 08:37 AM
I got them some Christmas themed toys from pampurred pets and a sea grass tunnel and I am going to make them a box fort for the spare room for when they get to free roam (their bedroom wouldn't have the space to do it justice and they shut in one room in the day)

*Funny*Bunny*
10-12-2014, 08:59 AM
I bought Lilly and Arthur's Christmas present on Black Friday... Then gave it to Lilly as soon as it arrived, even before Arthur came home :oops: now I need to think of something small to get them.... On the plus side Lilly LOVES it! It's a cat bed/scratching post/climbing thing!

(Can't seem to post a photo of it here so for anyone who wants to see some photos they're here in posts 1, 13 and 19 http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?434633-Mummy-gave-me-my-Christmas-pressie-early )

kayleighjennifer
10-12-2014, 09:56 AM
I've went a little OTT for Lola & Jack this year :oops:

They've got a corner fort from manor pet housing, a Pueblo Cat Den, a flip out dog sofa, a cardboard cat house, a bunny tunnel, new blankets, strawberry cat bed, treats, hay, a huge bundle of toys; treat balls, chews, hay cart, hanging toys you name it :lol:

redlabel
10-12-2014, 10:21 AM
I've went a little OTT for Lola & Jack this year :oops:

They've got a corner fort from manor pet housing, a Pueblo Cat Den, a flip out dog sofa, a cardboard cat house, a bunny tunnel, new blankets, strawberry cat bed, treats, hay, a huge bundle of toys; treat balls, chews, hay cart, hanging toys you name it :lol:
My goodness! Where's it all going to go? Bet you really enjoyed buying it all.
My 2 have got a new replacement 'sheepskin' blanket which they love to sit on, some very interesting bits from our SS and I have in mind to make few bits/toys.

tulsi
10-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Willow balls, chill and chew mats and posh (hay 4 pets) hay.

They will also have the good old traditional toilet roll inners with hay and herbs inside.

Sarah1991
10-12-2014, 11:41 AM
I'm thinking of revamping the enclosure with some new toys and hidey holes and things! No idea exactly what yet though!

They also have some chews and things inside a stocking I got them x

Pets mum
10-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Mine are having a seagrass tunnel, a new igloo (last one got chewed, peed and poohed on) a chewy carrot thing, and next year I'm getting them a runaround system. No use getting it yet with the weather like this, they are holed up in their cosy shed :lol: and a lovely fleecy blankie each that Tracey has made (that will also get peed on but at least it will wash). :D wonder what they've got me :roll:

Hele
10-12-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm not really :( for the first time ever we will not be with the buns over Christmas, there are just too many people and dogs involved now for it to be fair on the buns :(

I bought a bag of bunny treats at the barc Christmas fair at the weekend that I will give to the boarding lady and ask that they each get one a day over Christmas.

I'll make a fuss of them when I get them home, maybe some new treat hays and a chill n chew mat or something :lol: we want to get one of those indoor enclosures from boyles pet housing soon so that will cost a bit!!

kayleighjennifer
10-12-2014, 12:21 PM
My goodness! Where's it all going to go?
My 2 have got a new replacement 'sheepskin' blanket which they love to sit on, some very interesting bits from our SS and I have in mind to make few bits/toys.

In their bedroom, they have the biggest room of the house so plenty of space to put their new toys! Their old toys have already been shipped off to a local rescue so the buns there will be enjoying new toys this Christmas :) (Mine don't chew so they all looked brand new!!)

keletkezes
Nothing: he gets what I see when I see it because he needs it! He's got a cat scratching mat thing but he won't get that until he's in the wendy house (nowhere to put it at the mo). I'm thinking, for those who need to think he has a present, I can say the wendy house, run and his future housemate will be a (hopefully not too late) Christmas present XD And I hope people don't buy things for him (most of the rest of the family aren't very bun-savvy)!

kayleighjennifer
Double post!

Aly&Poppy<3
10-12-2014, 12:47 PM
Kerbie has had a very soft blanket for his sore feet and about 10 bags of forage. Leo was due his vaccination next week but he is currently on medicine so we have decided to vaccinate after Christmas once he has finished his course, that will be his present :lol:

I have a tonne of fenugreek crunchies etc so they won't be going without of course :p I do want to get Kerbie a soft bed at some point, he loves his comforts now he has a huge radiator to lie under most of the time!
Charley has had hers, an alfalfa ring and Donny and Lola get a few extra pellets because of their sensitive tums. On Christmas day they do get a small amount of veg shavings which go down well, but that's it for the year then :lol:

HouseOfRabbit
10-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Haven't decided yet as it'll depend on whether I end up with a trio, quad or two pairs after taking Harley, Sylvester and Logan to Alice at Windwhistle tomorrow. Herbs will definitely be on the list but I'll have to wait and see what happens before planning anything else.

tabithakat64
10-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Mine are moving into their new shed and extra large bespoke run and have new toys also and they will be getting a brother subject to bonding on January 3rd

Tamsin
10-12-2014, 03:50 PM
There are four of them and they've never expressed any interest in Christianity, so probably won't get any presents. :lol:

:lol:

Bunny Magics
10-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Mine got a new shed 2 months ago, OH paid for half of it for them for Xmas... and i'm giving them a 'dental and nail check up' at our vets on the 22nd.
Under the tree they have 2 treat balls, a big willow ball and a Rabbit Warren tunnel.
They've also got a set of back issues of Rabbiting On. X

JemimaH
10-12-2014, 04:13 PM
I don't normally get Alfie presents, but there were reductions on Viovet and I could't resist. He's got a bunny tree (with the hanging carrots and things), a chill n chew mat, some fenugreek crunchies and one of those green plastic tunnels as he's chewed half of his existing one anyway :lol:

Sarah1989
10-12-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm obviously a very bad mummeh then as my bunnies aren't getting anything for Christmas. I buy them treats & toys all year round and their weekly food bill from the supermarket is more than mine!! :lol:

Emma157
10-12-2014, 05:12 PM
I've gone a little OTT with Miley this year, she's had a really tough year recovering from head tilt. It's her first Christmas inside as she's not quite well enough to return to her hutch just yet. I've got her a tent, tunnel and veggie patch along with a stocking full of willow toys. She's clear a Christmas bunny this year in centre of action.

EX

Miss Binky Bunny
10-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Have a batch of homemade hay cookies in star and Xmas tree shapes. A corn rattler thingy to wrap and rip :) A Christmasy red pet fleece from Poundland with snowmen and things on it. A new Chill and Chew mat and Willow ball. Plus a Wintery hay cottage I'll be removing most of the coconut from. [I'd initially ordered a Carrot Cottage that was on offer. After 3 weeks of waiting as they'd run out of stock changed it for the Wintery Cottage, also on offer. Only to realise after order arrived, coconut isn't recommended because of its high fat content. :( ]

mini lop1
10-12-2014, 08:10 PM
i'll prob get mabel different hays to as she is hay mad, and that's best for her, and I won't touch any unhealthy treats

mabels mum
10-12-2014, 08:13 PM
My two are getting a cardboard castle, a new tunnel and some water hyacinth mats to nom on. I will also make them some bunny treats.

susie bun
10-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Spenser already has one of his presents, a new basket. His old was one was so tatty I decided to give him the replacement as soon as it arrives.

Jonm
10-12-2014, 09:28 PM
I spent 30 the other night on bits and bobs to keep her entertained on Christmas day...

HoneyBear
10-12-2014, 10:00 PM
My lot have got a chill n chew mat and some fenugreek crunchies, not gone crazy this year like I have before hehe...

Zoobec
10-12-2014, 10:02 PM
I've got mine a big bag of BARC treats too :thumb:

Den
10-12-2014, 10:22 PM
A teach and treat (plastic so Miss Nancy cant eat it) and a new hidey hut which they turn upside down as a basket to sit it, as they've eaten the other one!! The letters to Santa Paws have been sent.:love:

Sarah1989
10-12-2014, 10:37 PM
A teach and treat (plastic so Miss Nancy cant eat it) and a new hidey hut which they turn upside down as a basket to sit it, as they've eaten the other one!! The letters to Santa Paws have been sent.:love:

I've got a teach n treat. It works on 5 of my 6 bunnies...... Lord Slipper does not approve however & just throws the whole thing about until the treats come out :roll:

juls65
10-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Soots will be getting fenugreek crunchies. I've put them in a jar & decorated it, added a pretty label & a big gold bow. He has got some bags of dried herbs & a pack of apple wood too :)

helennnnnn
10-12-2014, 10:52 PM
I have a whole box of unopened treats and toys so likely I'll just let him have one of those :lol:

nessar
10-12-2014, 10:56 PM
My two are getting an ikea doll bed and a fluffy bath mat :) xx

baybee.stella
10-12-2014, 11:16 PM
I'd love some ideas what I could make/put together for my little bun as an xmas treat. She's been bought indoors for winter and could do with some new things to entertain her.:D

tulsi
10-12-2014, 11:17 PM
I'd love some ideas what I could make/put together for my little bun as an xmas treat. She's been bought indoors for winter and could do with some new things to entertain her.:D

Anything made of cardboard. Mine love remodelling cardboard boxes.

ripply
10-12-2014, 11:27 PM
I got gizmo a new willow tunnel, chill 'n' chew mat, tray of christmas stars (compressed hay treats), a pet fleece blanket, new rope toy, pack of corn cob treats, a Christmas stocking and a few other toys.

I've already given him most of them. I'm hoping to get him one of those cardboard 'castles'. I know he'll love it.

Fifibutton
10-12-2014, 11:30 PM
New cardboard tunnels which they loving chewing to bits, those boredom breaker mats for chewing and some bags of expensive treat timmy hay.

Deelove
10-12-2014, 11:35 PM
They've got some hay cookies so far but OH is gonna make them a cardboard box fort cos the huge box his telescope came in has been really trashed now,

Den
10-12-2014, 11:40 PM
I've got a teach n treat. It works on 5 of my 6 bunnies...... Lord Slipper does not approve however & just throws the whole thing about until the treats come out :roll:

This is what I think Nancy will do.:lol::lol:

Britannia
11-12-2014, 12:28 AM
Kizzy took one look at the teach and treat and decided that the easiest way to go about it was to tip the whole thing over, but I swear she only did that because Bob was having fun with it.

This year my brother who constantly makes jokes about "have you not fattened those rabbits up enough for the cooking pot yet?" has surprised me by getting the buns:http://www.plueschnasen.de/spielzeug-logikspiele-1/nini-tower.html

Lucy-Lou
11-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Dany and Peach have got a wooden Santa, and Barney and Priss have got a wooden wheel toy.

Last year I only had Barney, so he was spoilt rotten. He got his own card, four or five gifts (which he scrabbled open himself :D) and my parents got him a little wooden alphabet train which spelled out 'Barney' which he likes to push round.

The rabbits will get presents off my friends too though, as I buy pressies for their children/cats :lol:

chloemurray
11-12-2014, 09:31 AM
Mine have been spoilt rotten :oops: but like someone else said, what they're actually given will depend on how bonding goes next week.

So far they've got an entire box of new toys (lots of Christmas themed toys as well!), a new hidey house, a new bed, and some of Blackberry's beautiful painted shed signs :) I'd also like to get them a cardboard castle and an IKEA doll bed :)

aaammmyyy
11-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Not much! :lol:
Their main present will be their spays when the weather warms up, new vets is very expensive but the rwaf told me they're rabbit savvy so ill pay the extra!

Then they'll get a stocking each on Christmas morning with forage, a fenugreek crunchie, some jingly balls and some other small toys like top up carrots for the carrot play patch or small christmas chews - not going crazy this year as they have their spays - though I can assure you that isnt their present of choice&they wont be impressed! :lol:

There might also be something else expensive going on though im not sure yet, nobody tell the buns! :lol: (&Binkys due her vaccination end of Dec!)

fruitandnutcake
20-12-2014, 03:15 PM
I'm back after a bit of a long break ! I've just spent 100 on a huge bag of Oat, Wheat & Barley hay and a selection of toys from Hay Experts :oops: I just have to try to wrap them without them seeing their presents....as you can probably guess, the bunnies will probably be more interested in the box that they came in....just like kids! I'll take a photo when I have everything unpacked!