• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WW: What are you getting your rabbit for Christmas?

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking Scamp will get a years supply of Orchard grass, because after you guys kindly ID'd his favourite type of grass it's apparently the most expensive kind of hay you can buy - rabbits :roll: I just paid £11 for a kilo of dried grass. He gets so excited about it though :lol:

I am afraid that with 11 Rabbits I wont be buying Christmas presents :oops: I am making a few toys, cardboard tubes stuffed with hay that has dried herbs mixed in.

As they have moved indoors, I'm getting some new furniture for their new enclosure.:D I'm getting them a willow tunnel and a grassy house. They are also getting a willow basket filled with Timothy hay and a small willow ring, and a willow ball filled with hay.

There are four of them and they've never expressed any interest in Christianity, so probably won't get any presents. :lol:

My two aren't getting anything extravagant. I spent a lot of money on their enclosure a few months ago, although it was worth the money.

I've got a few new willow balls etc. I'll probably wrap up a load of hay with some treats in brown paper and sisal string then film them opening their "present" :lol:

I got them some Christmas themed toys from pampurred pets and a sea grass tunnel and I am going to make them a box fort for the spare room for when they get to free roam (their bedroom wouldn't have the space to do it justice and they shut in one room in the day)

I bought Lilly and Arthur's Christmas present on Black Friday... Then gave it to Lilly as soon as it arrived, even before Arthur came home :oops: now I need to think of something small to get them.... On the plus side Lilly LOVES it! It's a cat bed/scratching post/climbing thing!

(Can't seem to post a photo of it here so for anyone who wants to see some photos they're here in posts 1, 13 and 19 http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?434633-Mummy-gave-me-my-Christmas-pressie-early )

I've went a little OTT for Lola & Jack this year :oops:

They've got a corner fort from manor pet housing, a Pueblo Cat Den, a flip out dog sofa, a cardboard cat house, a bunny tunnel, new blankets, strawberry cat bed, treats, hay, a huge bundle of toys; treat balls, chews, hay cart, hanging toys you name it :lol:

I've went a little OTT for Lola & Jack this year :oops:

They've got a corner fort from manor pet housing, a Pueblo Cat Den, a flip out dog sofa, a cardboard cat house, a bunny tunnel, new blankets, strawberry cat bed, treats, hay, a huge bundle of toys; treat balls, chews, hay cart, hanging toys you name it :lol:
My goodness! Where's it all going to go? Bet you really enjoyed buying it all.
My 2 have got a new replacement 'sheepskin' blanket which they love to sit on, some very interesting bits from our SS and I have in mind to make few bits/toys.

Last edited:
Willow balls, chill and chew mats and posh (hay 4 pets) hay.

They will also have the good old traditional toilet roll inners with hay and herbs inside.

I'm thinking of revamping the enclosure with some new toys and hidey holes and things! No idea exactly what yet though!

They also have some chews and things inside a stocking I got them x

Mine are having a seagrass tunnel, a new igloo (last one got chewed, peed and poohed on) a chewy carrot thing, and next year I'm getting them a runaround system. No use getting it yet with the weather like this, they are holed up in their cosy shed :lol: and a lovely fleecy blankie each that Tracey has made (that will also get peed on but at least it will wash). :D wonder what they've got me :roll:

I'm not really :( for the first time ever we will not be with the buns over Christmas, there are just too many people and dogs involved now for it to be fair on the buns :(

I bought a bag of bunny treats at the barc Christmas fair at the weekend that I will give to the boarding lady and ask that they each get one a day over Christmas.

I'll make a fuss of them when I get them home, maybe some new treat hays and a chill n chew mat or something :lol: we want to get one of those indoor enclosures from boyles pet housing soon so that will cost a bit!!

My goodness! Where's it all going to go?
My 2 have got a new replacement 'sheepskin' blanket which they love to sit on, some very interesting bits from our SS and I have in mind to make few bits/toys.

In their bedroom, they have the biggest room of the house so plenty of space to put their new toys! Their old toys have already been shipped off to a local rescue so the buns there will be enjoying new toys this Christmas :) (Mine don't chew so they all looked brand new!!)

Nothing: he gets what I see when I see it because he needs it! He's got a cat scratching mat thing but he won't get that until he's in the wendy house (nowhere to put it at the mo). I'm thinking, for those who need to think he has a present, I can say the wendy house, run and his future housemate will be a (hopefully not too late) Christmas present XD And I hope people don't buy things for him (most of the rest of the family aren't very bun-savvy)!

Kerbie has had a very soft blanket for his sore feet and about 10 bags of forage. Leo was due his vaccination next week but he is currently on medicine so we have decided to vaccinate after Christmas once he has finished his course, that will be his present :lol:

I have a tonne of fenugreek crunchies etc so they won't be going without of course :p I do want to get Kerbie a soft bed at some point, he loves his comforts now he has a huge radiator to lie under most of the time!
Charley has had hers, an alfalfa ring and Donny and Lola get a few extra pellets because of their sensitive tums. On Christmas day they do get a small amount of veg shavings which go down well, but that's it for the year then :lol:

Haven't decided yet as it'll depend on whether I end up with a trio, quad or two pairs after taking Harley, Sylvester and Logan to Alice at Windwhistle tomorrow. Herbs will definitely be on the list but I'll have to wait and see what happens before planning anything else.

Mine are moving into their new shed and extra large bespoke run and have new toys also and they will be getting a brother subject to bonding on January 3rd

Back