• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My gorgeous black, one-eyed rabbit

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi

Reading Honeybunny's thread on Why You Should Rescue, made me look at Gerry, my black, one-eyed rabbit and thought what an amazing rabbit and how lucky we both are to have each other.

I adopted him from a rescue in May after the sad passing of Milly. Molly, her sister was alone so we sought a male rabbit to bond her with. The rescue suggested Gerry as he was around the same age as Molly. He was absolutely gorgeous but had only one eye. I asked the rescue if he had any problems with only one eye and he didn't. He behaved like a normal rabbit.

I was informed that when his previous owner wanted to rehome him, other rescues refused to take him, due to him having one eye as they thought he'd be difficult to rehome. Thankfully, a rescue did give him a chance and I met him.

He is the most placid, laidback rabbit I've ever known and he loves his noserubs and loves Molly. They spend lots of time together. They also had the easiest bond, grooming each other within a day. Its hard to believe other people would reject him just because of his one eye (and being black didn't help him either). He certainly has a forever home here. :love:

He's the lovely boy cuddling with Molly:

Oh he's stunning! They make such a beautiful couple!!

Sorry about Milly, but it looks like Molly is happy with her lovely fuzzy husbun.

:love:

He is gorgeous!! Love lionheads and black rabbits. One eye wouldn't put me off adopting a bunny either. Neither would other "minor" disabilities if there were otherwise healthy. So glad you came along for him :love:

One eye wouldn't put me off adopting a bunny either. Neither would other "minor" disabilities if there were otherwise healthy.
Yep! And I'd much rather have a black one than a white! I just don't like all-white rabbits (I'm bunny-colourist, I know! ;P). He's lovely :D

Yep! And I'd much rather have a black one than a white! I just don't like all-white rabbits (I'm bunny-colourist, I know! ;P). He's lovely :D

You wouldn't like Blueberry then! :p he's a BEW!

I love all colours, but my favourites are black and REWs :love: but the ones I go weak at the knees at for are black & white ones like Badger & Dexter :love:

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments. :D I have fallen in love with black rabbits, and would definitely have another one. And any one-eyed rabbits out there in rescues, I'd have you too. :love:

Back