• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think my rabbit is cold- what should i do?

MrsDownTheRabbitHole

Warren Scout
Unfortunately my dwarf cross April has recently become a single bunny and I am worried she is cold.

In my area it's reaching minus temperatures and she is living outside in the summerhouse.

She has duvet lining most of her floor and several hidey houses filled to the brim with bedding.

However, when I was sat with her earlier she felt pretty cold and her ears were like ice!

I am concerned that until I can get her a friend it will be too cold for her outdoors.

On considering my options I either need to put something down in her shed to considerably warm her up or bring her inside.

What would you do in my circumstance? Thank you in advance for any help x

Unfortunately my dwarf cross April has recently become a single bunny and I am worried she is cold.

In my area it's reaching minus temperatures and she is living outside in the summerhouse.

She has duvet lining most of her floor and several hidey houses filled to the brim with bedding.

However, when I was sat with her earlier she felt pretty cold and her ears were like ice!

I am concerned that until I can get her a friend it will be too cold for her outdoors.

On considering my options I either need to put something down in her shed to considerably warm her up or bring her inside.

What would you do in my circumstance? Thank you in advance for any help x

I would bring her indoors. Not only because of the very cold weather but also because she will be lonely outside now that she is a single Rabbit.

I agree with Jacks Jane. I would bring her indoors, to keep her warm and also provide company for her. She will need to stay indoors until late spring when it warms up.

I would bring her in too, don't forget to bunny proof the wires!

Most people who bring their bunnies in don't put them outside again as they like having them inside too much.

It's really up to you, there are things you could do to warm up the summerhouse - insulation, greenhouse heater, snuggle safe, secondary glazing etc. but you might find it easier (and cheaper) just to bring her inside. I think having more time with you would be a benefit socially too.

Thank you for all your help! I now have her in my room :love: . I brought her in this afternoon and look forward (I think :lol: ) to spending the night with her x

Sounds like it will be fun! I brought my single girl indoors a couple of weeks ago, as she had a horrible facial absess (all cleared now thanks to antibiotics.) Its been lovely watching her indoors. I have an outdoor pair I had planned to bind this winter, but going to leave to the spring now. Once they are in its hard to imagine them going back out again.

Back