• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My shed has moved..

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
The run hasn't moved as the slabs are still in the same place.. But the shed has moved :? There's a gap between the shed and run of about 5cm.
I've shut the rabbits in the shed for now while we figure out what's happened. The shed has moved though as you can now see part of the decking it's on.

If it were people then I imagine they would go for Charley as her hutch doesn't have locks on. And as my bf pointed out the run could have just been opened.

I'm very confused! It wasn't windy last night at all and the shed didn't move a few months ago when it was the back end of that hurricane.

Boggled!

Last edited:
I'm going to be annoying now and say no foxes because it's very busy where I live but I'm not naive so will totally admit a fox may be the culprit. Or the neighbours cats.. I'll get a photo tomorrow, it's so strange.

I did think the ground may have moved as it's level if that makes sense, the shed has moved away from the run pretty much 5cm the whole way down to expose the decking.

Foxes can and will dig under sheds. I live in a VERY built up area. I have a Fox in my back garden almost every morning. Urban Foxes are more tame than most Cats.

I wouldn't have thought a fox would have the body weight to move a whole shed - chew, scratch, jump, dig yes, but shove? The wind would be my bet. A few angle brackets would be the easiest way to fix it. I'd link the shed to the run, and then if you can that to the floor, you could fit brackets at the paving joints if you don't have the tools to drill into the slab itself.

That is a head scratcher, I wouldn't think there is much that could move a shed other than wind! Perhaps there was a strong gust or two overnight?

My dad thinks it's the wind, he made a good point about the shed door being open most of the time and it could have acted as a sail by manoeuvring the wind into the shed and pushed it back. I'll get a photo later, it's so strange that it has moved so equally down the whole thing. And it wasn't even very windy until last night :?

The problem now is that we can't physically move the shed back, even the short amount it has moved! It is hanging off the other end of the decking so hopefully it doesn't move any more! My dad and bf tried to lift/push it last night but it wouldn't budge, it's sooo heavy. We need a lift thing because of the shed 'legs' and the bumpy decking, I don't want bits snapping off, although that would be a good excuse to get a new set up.

We had pretty strong individual gusts here in Nott'm all through the day yesterday: it just takes one slightly bigger gust! It's usually gusts that do this sort of damage :)

It doesn't sound predator related, not to move it equally both sides & if two men can't shift it I can't see it being a fox :)

I'd say the wind you would be surprised what it can do, if not that decking boards do move slightly in different weather can leave slight gaps then go back again. In heat but not huge gaps

Back