• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

8 months since Mr Bennett's last dental - the longest gap since I have had him.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Can' t believe it 8 months. Mr Bennett had 6 or 7 dentals last year.

I absolutely 100% swear by Oxbow Orchard Grass Hay. It costs £71.98 for 22 kg but worth every penny. Lasts about 3 to 4 months. I am also giving it to Georgia bunny but noticed she isn't much of a hay eater. I recommend this to any dental bunny, Mr B was a frequent dental bunny but this really keeps his teeth ground down.

That's brilliant news :thumb: (about the dentals, not the carpet and skirting boards) :lol:

Well done Mr B !! :D

Thanks Jane

That's brilliant news :thumb: (about the dentals, not the carpet and skirting boards) :lol:

The hallway skirting boards were fine for 3 years until recently.:roll: He chews him to get me out of bed. Seriously he chews them and then pops his head around to see if I am getting out of bed and if I don't he goes back and chews them until I get up.:shock:

Thanks Jane

The hallway skirting boards were fine for 3 years until recently.:roll: He chews him to get me out of bed. Seriously he chews them and then pops his head around to see if I am getting out of bed and if I don't he goes back and chews them until I get up.:shock:

:shock: my cat does things like scratching at a door to get your attention, then leads you to the door to get let out, or to his bowl for a refill :lol: ignore and the noise just gets louder! :roll:

:shock: my cat does things like scratching at a door to get your attention, then leads you to the door to get let out, or to his bowl for a refill :lol: ignore and the noise just gets louder! :roll:

:lol: They are smart and know what will get your attention.

that's brilliant :thumb:

i tried bisc with that hay but he couldn't tolerate it tummy wise :(

That is a shame. I wonder if the richness gives Mr B his mucky bottoms as he doesn't get any other hay but this one. I would prefer the odd mucky bums to frequent dentals. I seem to have eliminated every other possible food source and stopped pellets over 6 months ago.

:lol: They are smart and know what will get your attention.

That is a shame. I wonder if the richness gives Mr B his mucky bottoms as he doesn't get any other hay but this one. I would prefer the odd mucky bums to frequent dentals. I seem to have eliminated every other possible food source and stopped pellets over 6 months ago.

it could be but i'd imagine it would be alot worse if it was the hay causing them. bisc only had a small amount and was covered in poop. sometimes the mucky bum episodes seem random, although he hasn't had as many in recent times. and we also have had to cut out alot! but i remember when he went from regular dentals to bigger gaps between needing them, i was so pleased :) x

it could be but i'd imagine it would be alot worse if it was the hay causing them. bisc only had a small amount and was covered in poop. sometimes the mucky bum episodes seem random, although he hasn't had as many in recent times. and we also have had to cut out alot! but i remember when he went from regular dentals to bigger gaps between needing them, i was so pleased :) x

Why are they so complicated. Being covered in poo must have been a shock. A few weeks ago I found a huge lump in the hallway almost the size of a small cat poo. I am sure that must have been the carrot from the night before. Its been hard but have stuck to only hay, dried herbs and a few crunchies. It could be the crunchies as they are the only thing I haven't tried to eliminate. I the no he would go mental and eat the house if I tried.:lol:

Why are they so complicated. Being covered in poo must have been a shock. A few weeks ago I found a huge lump in the hallway almost the size of a small cat poo. I am sure that must have been the carrot from the night before. Its been hard but have stuck to only hay, dried herbs and a few crunchies. It could be the crunchies as they are the only thing I haven't tried to eliminate. I the no he would go mental and eat the house if I tried.:lol:

:lol: sometimes it's not worth your life :lol: bisc is in love with his profibre and they suited him really well for a long time. then became too rich for him so he can only have one teaspoon per day now. i daren't take that one away!

if you're looking for something else then the timothy hay 'pellets' from galens garden have been brilliant for bisc. he feels like he gets a treat even though they're just hay, and it helps with extra fibre for his tum, and because they are big pellets, he has to work at eating them so good for his teeth. :thumb: x

:lol: sometimes it's not worth your life :lol: bisc is in love with his profibre and they suited him really well for a long time. then became too rich for him so he can only have one teaspoon per day now. i daren't take that one away!

if you're looking for something else then the timothy hay 'pellets' from galens garden have been brilliant for bisc. he feels like he gets a treat even though they're just hay, and it helps with extra fibre for his tum, and because they are big pellets, he has to work at eating them so good for his teeth. :thumb: x

So true.:lol: My skirting boards are severely suffering for not getting up quick enough in the morning. The hay pellets sound a great idea. I wonder if the Hays expert sell them.

So true.:lol: My skirting boards are severely suffering for not getting up quick enough in the morning. The hay pellets sound a great idea. I wonder if the Hays expert sell them.

:lol: naughty bunny. the hay ones are just galens gardens own. they do different ones but bisc rejected the meadow hay ones. :roll: :lol:

Thank you. Looks like a good way of conning them into thinking they are getting a treat.

bisc usually out-smarts me but not with these! :lol: i do think they've done him good though as he goes through phases now where he doesn't eat enough hay. not sure why but he's very fussy with different batches of hay. i got a really good bag from deans farm a bit ago and he ate soooo much. so i ordered two more bags and they're not acceptale quality for him! :roll::lol: x

Back