• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Radagast the naked rat

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
I got Radagast out last night for a little run around on the living room couch (which is huge!) and he found my Mam's dressing gown and decided it would be a good place to explore. :lol:

"Oh, hai! Can I help?"

"Dis iz mine now, ok?"

Look at his whiskers! :love:

He has truly settled in now and loves his cage. I cleaned him out today and accidentally left his door open whilst cleaning a litter tray...I came back to find Shadowfax sat in his cage! :shock: I removed her and checked on him and he was perfectly fine, although looking a little traumatised. About 5 mins later I was arranging his home when Fiver launched himself into the cage; Radagast came running over and bit him on the bum. Never seen Fiver move so fast in my life. :lol: Bloody bunnies are going to be nightmare when his cage is open now they know there are tasty things to be had! :roll:

Sounds like he thinks the bunnies are tasty things to be had!
I never thought I'd say a hairless rat was adorable but he really is :love:

He has a smiley face in that last photo! :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is really photogenic! Difficult to photograph with him being so pale, though! He's getting so confident now and rarely shies away from my hand. He also discovered my hood and was sat in there for some time the other day. :lol: I have so missed having rats so it's nice having him around. He's been so good on a night and doesn't wake me up at all. The only issue is that he loves digging out his food and spreading it all over...the rabbits think this is brilliant. :roll: If any of them get a poorly tum I won't be amused!!

Get one of those things people wrap around bird cages to keep the seed in! Or make one with a sheet and some elastic :lol:

I can't wait to see him again!

Get one of those things people wrap around bird cages to keep the seed in! Or make one with a sheet and some elastic :lol:

I can't wait to see him again!

I think he'd try to eat anything wrapped round the cage! I'll have to see what I can do lol.

He is rather strangely adorable, isn't he? Such a little character. :love: He makes me want rats, but mum hates them and we don't have the space anyway :(

He is absolutely adorable!

But being a rat fanatic myself owning five, rats are extremely social creatures and should never live alone. Might I suggest getting him a friend?:)

He is absolutely adorable!

But being a rat fanatic myself owning five, rats are extremely social creatures and should never live alone. Might I suggest getting him a friend?:)

I am in the process of getting him a friend. I used to own 15 rats so I know my ratty stuff! :lol: Somebody I know had an accidental litter (ratty was acquired pregnant, unfortunately) and there are 10 babies who will be ready for January some time. :)

Back