• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am now an indoor rabbit owner!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi

After having Molly (and Milly RIP :cry:) outdoors for 7 years, we now have indoor bunnies. Molly loves it and seems much happier (I think it was the cold she didn't like) and Gerry has settled in well and I've seen a few small binkies from him. Molly is binkying all over the place. :lol:

We decided to bring them indoors due to their advancing years (Molly is 7 years old and Gerry is around 6 years old) and also, we have a very interested and hungry fox roaming around :shock: . He kept coming back and although their hutch & run enclosure is fox proof, I didn't want to test it out on a determined fox.

So they are now indoors for the winter in a large C&C cage (5ft x 5ft) with daily runs in my bedroom. Once spring comes, I'll decide on whether to move them permanently outdoors again, or keep them indoors and have daily runs outdoors when the weather is warm.

I love having them indoors. It's only been a few days and I already love the company and the interaction you get from having them indoors, and they are obviously very happy and settled indoors too.

Anyone else had outdoor rabbits previously and changed them to indoors? I'd love to hear your experiences. :D

I have always had indoor Rabbits. I just think the bond you can get with them when you live right with them is wonderful. I'd miss getting to understand so much of their character, behaviour and how they communicate if they were outdoors. Unless I went to live outdoors with them !!

I had outdoor bunnies first but now only indoors due to fox attack :(

I would never have permanent outdoor bunnies again because I'd worry too much. I think by having them indoors, and giving them supervised outdoor time in good weather, we all get the best of both worlds :) I love them being around all the time, not just when I go out for five minutes to feed them.

Two of mine are indoors atm but will be out again come the warmer weather (once we have built them a nice big set up).

I love having them indoors but there is not enough space for them and having two dogs makes it unrelaxing.

I do worry re; wet and foxes ... and it is certainly easier to spend quality time with indoor rabbits.

I have always had indoor Rabbits. I just think the bond you can get with them when you live right with them is wonderful. I'd miss getting to understand so much of their character, behaviour and how they communicate if they were outdoors. Unless I went to live outdoors with them !!

Same here they are my children my whole world

I've had both but I love love love my big indoor bunny; the house would feel awful without him flopping and hopping all over the place :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benji came to live indoors with us just over 2 weeks ago due to losing his companions and me needing a break from bunnies for a while (ageing parents who live 100 miles away need more of my time). There was no way I was going to have a single bunny outdoors on his own so he has now taken over the kitchen and conservatory. I love having him indoors as it's been years since I had a housrabbit. But as he's nearly an old man too (he's 7.5), I don't have to worry about him being cold or wet either. He's really made himself at home and can usually be found making a comfortable look-out post in the rocking chair :lol:.

Back