• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bea has been admitted to the vets U/D 09/12/14 Sad news

Inimical Me

Wise Old Thumper
Poor Bea :(.

She's a quiet little thing, especially compared to her boyfriend Jasper, and I noticed she seemed a bit "off" yesterday afternoon. She wasn't too enthusiastic about her pellets, but she's a delicate, slow eater anyway and doesn't always go mental for her food and sometimes goes back to it later so I didn't think a lot of it. I went out for a few hours and when I came back I was greeted with the loudest tooth grinding ever! I've never heard it before, not even when I had a rabbiut with a broken legt (who in retrospect was as hard as nails).

I gave her some metacam to ease any pain and kept my eye on her overnight (it was 1am when I discovered her grinding her teeth). My o/h instantly thought it was her teeth as she seemed sensitive around the jaw, and a 9am visit to the vet confirmed it. They've done a dental under GA and admitted her for today, overnight and tomorrow to syringe feed and get fluids into her. I'm glad she's been admitted because although I can and have syringe fed and given medication myself I find it ridiculously stressful :oops:.

I'm sure she'll be fine and she's in good hands with my vet but I swear these rabbits will bankrupt me :lol:. Another month of living off my credit card :roll::lol:. I've had her a year and this is the first time she's needed a dental (her front teeth are fine) so hpoefully it won't be too regular an occurence.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :love:. I'm sure she'll be fine, she's in good hands. She's such a sweet natured thing, she mostly just lays down in the same spot in my living room all day looking pretty, I'm missing having her around already!

:cry: I'm sure that for that year she has had the very best life possible filled with love :love:

Back