• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving Bunny to London?

Laura416

Warren Scout
I'm in Ontario, Canada, looking into moving - Mimi will be 8 next month, quite healthy and happy, though traumatized by a recent death in our family (she was always mine, but has since attached herself to me!).

The flight is 8-ish hrs. Is this even...do-able? I can't imagine leaving her here, esp. in the state she's in emotionally (hope you understand!). I am so nervous. Thanks for your thoughts...I feel I know the answer, but... Also concerned about borders, etc, finding many posts online about moving them into Canada but not the opposite!

What's this about quarantine? Always mandatory, even if vaccinated & all other criteria met? It seems so overwhelming! (prob 5000x more for her :/ )

The Rabbit Welfare Association (UK) www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk might be able to offer advice. The other place to try would be the British Rabbit Council (equivalent of the American Rabbit Breeder Association) breeders tend to import rabbits now and then so they might have some info on the practical side of choosing airlines/import regulations etc.

Defra may also be able to help, they are helpful in advising on moving animals in and out UK.

Back