• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A bit of a stand-off

Babsie

Wise Old Thumper
when the upstairs cat met the go anywhere cat

191ac31b32772d0a80d46f33df2c355a.jpg

And just to prove that the upstairs is her territory - she went into the cupboard and did a huge wee in the box holding the bubble wrap and gift bags.:roll:

Are they sisters? They are gorgeous xxx we are doing intros with upstairs kittens and downstairs cat at the min! Small steps!!! Xxx

Are they sisters? They are gorgeous xxx we are doing intros with upstairs kittens and downstairs cat at the min! Small steps!!! Xxx

No, Bella (on the printer) is my young go anywhere cat - I adopted her from Cats protection last year, she's only 2. I took on Mia a few months later because she was being bullied; she's about 12 and I tried to re-home her with no success, so she's here to stay. She & Bella hate each other, but they are both lovely with me and Shaolin, my Tonkinese. Shaolin knows he has nothing to prove - he's the boss of me, my rabbits and the other cats so he'll happily bed down with any of us!

Last edited:

You'll probably be fine with kittens, particularly if you have 2 as they will entertain each other and not hassle your adult cat.

Aw OK :) they have lovely markings! :love: I just googled tonkinese,he he :oops: Shaolin sounds lovely :) yes so far the kittens (Tabitha and Rumble) play amongst themselves and don't bother our older cat (Tinsel) as long as they keep their distance she is fine but if they get within a few feet she hisses a bit :( I hope one day they will get along or at the least just tolerate each other! The kittens live in the spare room for now with supervised house free ranging :) i went to rspca recently for my bunnies and came home with the kitties as well :oops: we had been thinking about it for ages but seeing them there mewing at us made it hard to say no!! :roll: xxx

Last edited:
Aw OK :) they have lovely markings! :love: I just googled tonkinese,he he :oops: Shaolin sounds lovely :) yes so far the kittens (Tabitha and Rumble) play amongst themselves and don't bother our older cat (Tinsel) as long as they keep their distance she is fine but if they get within a few feet she hisses a bit :( I hope one day they will get along or at the least just tolerate each other! The kittens live in the spare room for now with supervised house free ranging :) i went to rspca recently for my bunnies and came home with the kitties as well :oops: we had been thinking about it for ages but seeing them there mewing at us made it hard to say no!! :roll: xxx

I really don't think you'll have a problem.
I'll post a pic of Shaolin. He has a wonderful temperament - as though he's taken the best from Burmese (which I've had before) and Siamese.

Back