• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Savvy Vet List 'Sticky' ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Would it be helpful for a list of Savvy Vets to be made into a 'Sticky' Thread ? Perhaps listed in geographical regions. As the recommendations would mostly be from members who know a Rabbit Savvy Vet when they meet one it might be useful to New Members or anyone having problems obtaining the standard of care they would expect for their Rabbit(s) ?

I think that would be good! Ive just emailed the rwaf about rabbit savvy vets in my area so I can add some when I get a reply:)

The only thing with those lists I've found on other forums is that they soon get out of date as vets come and go. Not sure of a way around that...

It would be really good actually. Even just as a trial :D

Love your Morsey Christmas signature Jane :D:love::love::love:

Tether the RS Vet to the Surgery !!

:lol::lol:

I seem to recall it's been brought up before - I can't remember what was said :oops::lol: but I agree with Sarah's point that a list would most likely become out of date too quickly to be useful in the long-term. It's quite subjective too - people might be recommending a vet that's got a really lovely 'bedside manner' but isn't necessarily that knowledgable.

People often ask for savvy vet recommendations and that usually works pretty well, but of course is dependent on people in the right area being around to see the thread - perhaps we could keep an eye out for those threads and make sure they're as visible as possible; a clear title stating the geographical area for example.

Would it be helpful for a list of Savvy Vets to be made into a 'Sticky' Thread ? Perhaps listed in geographical regions. As the recommendations would mostly be from members who know a Rabbit Savvy Vet when they meet one it might be useful to New Members or anyone having problems obtaining the standard of care they would expect for their Rabbit(s) ?

I think this would be an excellent idea!!

I think it would be a great idea although I wouldnt be able to add to it as I think the vets in my immediate vicinity are pretty crummy! My favourite vet is this bloke at my local vets and I like him because he suggests investigations and is completely honest, when Hitley got intussuception he was very unwell and the vet instantly suggest xrays and other investigations - when it became clear what was wrong, he called me in and showed me the xrays he explained that they no one at the vets had done that kind of surgery on a rabbit before but that would be really interested to have a go (I actually really appreciated that), I did say if he wanted to 'practice' on my precious bun I wasnt going to pay. I actually didnt let him and went for pts instead but I just liked how he was. He is the only vet I like seeing there now because I know he will admit when he doesnt know things and will go out of his way to find out, I have seen plenty of other vets that have tried to fob me off with information!
I did wish there was someone actual rabbit savvy near here though!

good idea. i like how it's done on the piggy forum. it has a vet locator. also a recommended rescue locator aswell. :)

Also, ask permission before having a baby !! Permission only granted if they promise to return after Maternity leave.

Just seen a vacancy advertised at the practice I use for maternity cover. it's either of two so either way we are going to be a rabbit vet down from spring for a year. Boo hoo. :(

(but trying not to be selfish congratulations to whoever)

Just seen a vacancy advertised at the practice I use for maternity cover. it's either of two so either way we are going to be a rabbit vet down from spring for a year. Boo hoo. :(

(but trying not to be selfish congratulations to whoever)

One of my Vets is expecting too, so she'll be off most of next year. Not sure when/if C will be back as she's on Maternity leave atm.

Honestly, these Vets should seek our permission before having babies !!

One of the vets at Trinity is on maternity leave too, the one who diagnosed Meg's heart problem. We saw a new vet there though last time and I was quite impressed with his knowledge and he was extremely thorough. Haven't seen Mark for ages.

One of my Vets is expecting too, so she'll be off most of next year. Not sure when/if C will be back as she's on Maternity leave atm.

Honestly, these Vets should seek our permission before having babies !!

We're difficult to please aren't we? I think if they are young then at least *hopefully* they'll stay where they are and will outlive me :)oops:) but then if they are of childbearing age they go having babies *sigh*:lol::lol:

Back