• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't know what to do, REALLY STRESSED :(

Inlé-rah

Warren Scout
My plans have been ruined.
I was planning on taking my rabbits for a few days to my mothers at Christmas. She has now changed her mind and says there's not enough room ect.
So now I'm stressing out because I don't know what to do.
I have moved away from my entire family to be with my boyfriend in Nottingham and know NOBODY. The only person I could leave them with is my boyfriends mother and I do not trust her with my pets any more. I have seen her slap her own pets when they have been naughty so I do NOT want her looking after them :evil: My boyfriend insists on leaving them with her, but I am not under any circumstances leaving my rabbits with her :shock:
As for boarding, I don't own a car to drop them off at a boarding place, and boarding is expensive for me as I do not work as I am mentally ill.

Am I being too paranoid? Would you be willing to leave your rabbits with someone like that??
I'm going to try to convince my mum that I NEED to bring them and that I don't have a choice.

I would not leave my Rabbits with a person I did not 100% trust, so I completely understand how you feel.

Hopefully your Mum will agree to the Rabbits staying too, she said 'OK' initially after all. If it is only going to be for a few days then the Rabbits dont have to have a huge set-up and you can promise to keep everything super clean and tidy.

I would not leave my Rabbits with a person I did not 100% trust, so I completely understand how you feel.

Hopefully your Mum will agree to the Rabbits staying too, she said 'OK' initially after all. If it is only going to be for a few days then the Rabbits dont have to have a huge set-up and you can promise to keep everything super clean and tidy.

After seeing her slap her dogs, scream at them, and spray her cats with water, I just don't want her looking after my rabbits
Fingers crossed I can take the buns with me, that way I will know they're secure, safe, and won't be slapped about and grabbed. I asked her to look after my pet snake a while ago whilst I visited my mother and strategically placed an ornament on his top opening door, and asked her nicely to please not open his doors at all as he gets stressed easily and gets aggressive with strangers. When I had got back the ornament had been moved and his doors had been opened. She still denies she interfered with him but I don't believe her at all.
I spent the whole time worrying about my poor snake, worrying if she's taunting him and winding him up. It will be the same if I leave my rabbits under her care, I will be constantly upset and worried and won't enjoy the time spent with my Mum because of it :(
My mum is very nice and understanding, so hopefully we can sort things out

After seeing her slap her dogs, scream at them, and spray her cats with water, I just don't want her looking after my rabbits
Fingers crossed I can take the buns with me, that way I will know they're secure, safe, and won't be slapped about and grabbed. I asked her to look after my pet snake a while ago whilst I visited my mother and strategically placed an ornament on his top opening door, and asked her nicely to please not open his doors at all as he gets stressed easily and gets aggressive with strangers. When I had got back the ornament had been moved and his doors had been opened. She still denies she interfered with him but I don't believe her at all.
I spent the whole time worrying about my poor snake, worrying if she's taunting him and winding him up. It will be the same if I leave my rabbits under her care, I will be constantly upset and worried and won't enjoy the time spent with my Mum because of it :(
My mum is very nice and understanding, so hopefully we can sort things out

I am sure you will be able to xx

I agree with Jack's-Jane and I hope you will be able to take your bunnies with you :thumb:

Hopefully!
My boyfriend's mother would likely take her grandchildren to see my rabbit's too. And they have a tendency to rough-handle animals. Least I know they'd be safe with me :thumb:

Hopefully!
My boyfriend's mother would likely take her grandchildren to see my rabbit's too. And they have a tendency to rough-handle animals. Least I know they'd be safe with me :thumb:

Follow your instincts - they are usually right!

Perhaps a fellow member of RU may live nearby and could help you and your bunnies out of this dilemma? Have a think.

I wouldn't want to be a burden,
I'll have a chat with my mum and keep everybody updated on what happens. It's just really difficult as I don't know anybody in this area apart from his mother :( I regret moving so far away from my own family...

I wouldn't want to be a burden,
I'll have a chat with my mum and keep everybody updated on what happens. It's just really difficult as I don't know anybody in this area apart from his mother :( I regret moving so far away from my own family...

I am sure that any member of RU wanting to help you and your bunnies would not consider it being a burden.....quite the opposite in fact. If that wasn't an option, perhaps you could tell who ever would be caring for your buns about RU and if they have any problems, they could have a look or even phone a member for help and advice. How about asking if your vets do boarding or even if one of the nurses could help in one way or another? Plenty of options to explore.

Have you told your mum that you have few, or no, other options for the rabbits? Surely she would rather you brought them with you than not come at all?

Hope it can be sorted out anyway. x

I might not be too far from you in Leicester, I wouldn't be able to take them in myself but could maybe drop them off for you somewhere if you find a boarding place nearby that you like.

IM in nottingham. Are your bunnies indoors or out? I couldn't help with looking after them if they are indoors, and if I remember from your other posts you are in bilsthorpe which is around half an hour from me in the car so not very easy for me to pop in and see them regularly, but I could give you a lift to bunny boarding if you need any help. I use a boarding place in lambley, I don't know what her accomodation is like, I have never actually asked to have a look at it, but she is brilliant with my bunnies and excellent with my cats and her prices are cheap. She might keep them in a small pen (I expect that she does) but personally I find this better than my other options (family caring for them and not having a clue or letting them out and not being able to catch them) and she is likely to spend loads of time giving them cuddles!

Where is your mum? There may be someone near hers if not near you in nottingham :)

She's in Great Yarmouth, the only problem I have is paying for the boarding, as I am mentally ill so I don't work at the moment, so struggle to pay for things. I'm getting Guinness neutered before Christmas too, so funds are low :(

Have you told your mum that you have few, or no, other options for the rabbits? Surely she would rather you brought them with you than not come at all?

Hope it can be sorted out anyway. x

I have spoken to her today, it's the space that's the problem :( She lives in a small bungalow and there's nowhere I can put the cages. I can only put my bunnies in the spare bedroom with me as she has a greyhound, so don't want him spotting my buns. Although he is a VERY good tempered greyhound I still don't fully trust him around them
If they were outdoors bunnies it wouldn't be a problem as I could just put them in a hutch, but they are indoor buns :(
Thing is, I can fit one rabbit cage in the spare room with me at my Mums, so would be able to take 1 bunny with me, but to me that's upsetting, especially choosing who to take with me :( and leaving my other bun behind x

I might not be too far from you in Leicester, I wouldn't be able to take them in myself but could maybe drop them off for you somewhere if you find a boarding place nearby that you like.

That's extremely kind of you, Thank You,
I was considering ringing my vets to see if they could board them for me, money is a big issue at the moment though so will have to see how much money I have left over after I have had Guinness neutered, which should be in the next couple of weeks :thumb:

Back