• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beano and Gordon have had another fight

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I posted this thread not so long ago about my bonded pair suddenly fighting:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...onded-pair-fighting-UD-Final-question-post-20

I had to separate and re bond in a neutral area, they rebonded fine but this morning just after I got up I was watching them and Beano is quite a nippy bun and Gordon hopped out the litter tray by her and she nipped him and then started chasing him, they began to fight so I separated and they wouldn't be back together without chasing, nipping, biting and lunging/jumping at eachother again so I had to shut Gordon in the crate and Beano out as I had to get to work. I've not long been back and I watched how they were interacting near each other so opened the crate and so far so good, they were a bit funny when they first went back up to each other but since they've both been eating hay from the same litter tray, I just hope they will be ok, don't know what could be causing them to be funny around each other all of a sudden? :( There's been no changes around them and neither is showing any signs of ill health, not even the slightest behaviour change or anything.

There must be something in the water, as a few people have had this problem lately.. myself included. I don't know what to suggest :(

Sorry to hear you've experienced this too, hope your bunnies have settled again?

Have they both had a Vet check recently ? Whilst you say there has been 'no signs of ill health' sometimes the only sign is a change in behaviour/dynamics of a bond

They have, shortly after their last fight, nothing was found to be wrong. They're happily munching hay in their litter tray atm, I hope it stays this way.

I will ring tomorrow then. I have fully checked them both over again and can't see anything wrong myself, but obviously I'm not a vet nor do I have the tools vets have! They've been in the pen I bought the previous fall out in the kitchen since this morning and have been fine, back to how they would usually act, can't understand it!

Back