• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fear of rabbits???

Lucy-Lou

Mama Doe
Just had a workman round to fix the boiler, he saw Barney jumping up at me trying to share (ie. steal) my apple. He shuddered and said 'that's not normal' :shock::lol: he said he doesn't like rabbits and they scare him!

I laughed and asked is it because you think they're dirty, because they can be litter trained? And he said 'oh yeah my friend has a giant rabbit that's house trained, I know they're intelligent animals but I just can't get used to them."

He was very nice about it (as long as Barney stayed away from him!) and we had a good laugh, but I really thought what a strange fear to have! Rabbits seem such soft and playful things, and they're not small and scurrying like rats or mice (which I'm not scared of but I can see why people would be!) I really can't wrap my head around it :shock:

I rented a flat when I had 4 indoor buns. The landlady put the flat on the market and one lady flat out refused to enter the flat when the estate agent said there were house rabbits! They said I should put them in cages for viewings and I politely declined.

:lol: I know I have a fear of spiders can actually kill you...what's a rabbit gunna do? Look at you to death? :lol:

I guess you can have a fear of anything! I used to live with 3 guys and 2 of them were really nervous of Barney, they would wait for him to move rather than step over him. Used to make me laugh, I mean he did used to bite sometimes but he's a fluffy white bunny rabbit! :lol:

I knew someone who was terrified of rabbits, can't remember who though...

I reckon anyone scared of rabbits has watched this one too many times :p

That's the thing about phobias though, they're irrational, so it doesn't matter how 'nice' an animal is...

There are a lot of people who have a phobia of buttons. Seriously. Look it up!

"what's he do, nibble your bum?"

I was literally in tears of laughter watching that clip :lol: I think I need to get hold of the monty python movies and re watch them, haven't seen them in years!

I have the box set of them on DVd. Bought them fr 20p from a charity stall! Bargain. :D

My fave part of the film is definitely The Black Knight and The Knights Who Say Ni. :lol:

I have the box set of them on DVd. Bought them fr 20p from a charity stall! Bargain. :D

My fave part of the film is definitely The Black Knight and The Knights Who Say Ni. :lol:

Wow what a bargain! I think I'll be checking the dvd section of my local charity stores from now on!!! I don't know which my favourite bit is actually! I'll just have to watch it again :D

Wow what a bargain! I think I'll be checking the dvd section of my local charity stores from now on!!! I don't know which my favourite bit is actually! I'll just have to watch it again :D
Absolutely love monty python :love::love:

I have to box set too :D I got it for a fiver online :lol:

This thread made me giggle. A rabbit phobia. Really?! I love the film :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the thing about phobias though, they're irrational, so it doesn't matter how 'nice' an animal is...

There are a lot of people who have a phobia of buttons. Seriously. Look it up!

I don't really understand irrational fears, and I guess I'm just lucky not to have one. I was bitten quite badly by a goose when I was younger and I still give geese a wide berth now, but I'm not scared of them.

My best friend (who is not religious btw) is terrified of demons :shock: I mean, how likely is it that you're going to run into a demon walking down the street?! Yet she won't go out on Halloween or listen to you talk about anything supernatural. It seemed funny to me at first, but I soon learnt not to laugh at her for it because she genuinely is scared.

Back