PDA

View Full Version : Fear of rabbits???

Lucy-Lou
04-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Just had a workman round to fix the boiler, he saw Barney jumping up at me trying to share (ie. steal) my apple. He shuddered and said 'that's not normal' :shock::lol: he said he doesn't like rabbits and they scare him!

I laughed and asked is it because you think they're dirty, because they can be litter trained? And he said 'oh yeah my friend has a giant rabbit that's house trained, I know they're intelligent animals but I just can't get used to them."

He was very nice about it (as long as Barney stayed away from him!) and we had a good laugh, but I really thought what a strange fear to have! Rabbits seem such soft and playful things, and they're not small and scurrying like rats or mice (which I'm not scared of but I can see why people would be!) I really can't wrap my head around it :shock:

Jack's-Jane
04-12-2014, 07:40 PM
I once had a CPN who would not visit me at home as she had a Rabbit phobia !!

Springfield24
04-12-2014, 07:46 PM
My brother is terrified of my two... it's ridiculous to watch a grown man running from a fluffy bunny

Kavanne
04-12-2014, 07:50 PM
I rented a flat when I had 4 indoor buns. The landlady put the flat on the market and one lady flat out refused to enter the flat when the estate agent said there were house rabbits! They said I should put them in cages for viewings and I politely declined.

Vegan_Bunny
04-12-2014, 07:50 PM
:lol: I know I have a fear of spiders can actually kill you...what's a rabbit gunna do? Look at you to death? :lol:

nessar
04-12-2014, 10:23 PM
I guess you can have a fear of anything! I used to live with 3 guys and 2 of them were really nervous of Barney, they would wait for him to move rather than step over him. Used to make me laugh, I mean he did used to bite sometimes but he's a fluffy white bunny rabbit! :lol:

*Funny*Bunny*
04-12-2014, 10:30 PM
I knew someone who was terrified of rabbits, can't remember who though...

I reckon anyone scared of rabbits has watched this one too many times :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

clutterydrawer
04-12-2014, 10:44 PM
That's the thing about phobias though, they're irrational, so it doesn't matter how 'nice' an animal is...

There are a lot of people who have a phobia of buttons. Seriously. Look it up!

Vegan_Bunny
04-12-2014, 10:50 PM

:lol: I bloody love that film.

*Funny*Bunny*
04-12-2014, 10:55 PM
:lol: I bloody love that film.

"what's he do, nibble your bum?"

I was literally in tears of laughter watching that clip :lol: I think I need to get hold of the monty python movies and re watch them, haven't seen them in years!

Vegan_Bunny
04-12-2014, 10:57 PM
"what's he do, nibble your bum?"

I was literally in tears of laughter watching that clip :lol: I think I need to get hold of the monty python movies and re watch them, haven't seen them in years!

I have the box set of them on DVd. Bought them fr 20p from a charity stall! Bargain. :D

My fave part of the film is definitely The Black Knight and The Knights Who Say Ni. :lol:

*Funny*Bunny*
04-12-2014, 11:00 PM
I have the box set of them on DVd. Bought them fr 20p from a charity stall! Bargain. :D

My fave part of the film is definitely The Black Knight and The Knights Who Say Ni. :lol:

Wow what a bargain! I think I'll be checking the dvd section of my local charity stores from now on!!! I don't know which my favourite bit is actually! I'll just have to watch it again :D

tashp90
04-12-2014, 11:02 PM

Wow what a bargain! I think I'll be checking the dvd section of my local charity stores from now on!!! I don't know which my favourite bit is actually! I'll just have to watch it again :D
Absolutely love monty python :love::love:

I have to box set too :D I got it for a fiver online :lol:

*Funny*Bunny*
04-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Absolutely love monty python :love::love:

I have to box set too :D I got it for a fiver online :lol:

I've just added the full box set to my Christmas list! :D

Rab-bit
04-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Find me a shrubbery ......

Ni... Ni

:lol:

Brave, brave sir robin!

SJH
04-12-2014, 11:17 PM
This thread made me giggle. A rabbit phobia. Really?! I love the film :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moi
04-12-2014, 11:52 PM
I know someone with a fear of cotton wool! lol x

biscandmatt1
05-12-2014, 12:10 AM
I know someone with a fear of cotton wool! lol x

shudder... it's the way it 'squeaks' :shock:

would never understand the rabbit one though. :love:

Vegan_Bunny
05-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Find me a shrubbery ......

Ni... Ni

Brave, brave sir robin!

"I like the laurels particularly."

Lucy-Lou
05-12-2014, 01:50 AM
That's the thing about phobias though, they're irrational, so it doesn't matter how 'nice' an animal is...

I don't really understand irrational fears, and I guess I'm just lucky not to have one. I was bitten quite badly by a goose when I was younger and I still give geese a wide berth now, but I'm not scared of them.

My best friend (who is not religious btw) is terrified of demons :shock: I mean, how likely is it that you're going to run into a demon walking down the street?! Yet she won't go out on Halloween or listen to you talk about anything supernatural. It seemed funny to me at first, but I soon learnt not to laugh at her for it because she genuinely is scared.

Laura416
05-12-2014, 03:22 AM
Love finding this thread - I have a dear family friend who fears all pets (I only have a rabbit). My bun, Mimi, was in her fav spot under the table, minding her own business, and decided to sit up. As she began, this friend freaked out, "Oh oh oh!!! Look! She's MOVING!!"

ROFL! You'd think a dinosaur was rising...

chloemurray
05-12-2014, 08:45 AM
One of my friends is absolutely terrified of every. single. animal. Anything that's not human? She screams and runs. Dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, mice, birds... anything. I find it totally bizarre.

I do think it's hilarious that someone can be afraid of a rabbit :lol: But to be honest, I love animals so much it's always odd to me when anyone is afraid of dogs, even. A delivery man actually tried to KICK my dog the other day. Ruby was pottering about in the garden, and he came up the path to knock on the door. She poked her head round to see who was there and as my Mum opened the door, she saw him try and kick Ruby!!! He was very embarrassed that she'd seen, and apologised and said he was "scared". I was fuming and wanted to complain, but Mum said that it could cause more harm if he tried to say that Ruby was being "intimidating" :roll: We have CCTV though which proves what happened, so I still want to complain :lol:

ETA: My Mum's best friend is terrified of dwarves :shock:

Deelove
05-12-2014, 09:22 AM
My ex was scared of rabbits as they'd had the typical hormomal attack bunny in a small hutch and had therfore been badly bitten as a child. He got used to molly though and we soo. Had 7 nuns between us!

Vegan_Bunny
05-12-2014, 11:59 AM
My ex used to be scared of Fiver...but to be fair he did used to go for her and chase her. :lol: Maybe he was trying to tell me something? :lol:

Sarah1989
05-12-2014, 12:42 PM
My brother is terrified of my two... it's ridiculous to watch a grown man running from a fluffy bunny

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: I know I have a fear of spiders can actually kill you...what's a rabbit gunna do? Look at you to death? :lol:

You obviously haven't seen Monty Python and the holy grail..... Or met Slipper! :p

Edit: read the whole thread before replying next time! :lol:

Sarah1989
05-12-2014, 12:43 PM
My ex was scared of rabbits as they'd had the typical hormomal attack bunny in a small hutch and had therfore been badly bitten as a child. He got used to molly though and we soo. Had 7 nuns between us!

You had 7 nuns?! Can you keep nuns as pets?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sarah1989
05-12-2014, 12:58 PM

Slipper's famous! :lol:

We want a shrubbery!

We want TWO shrubberies!!

Ni!

He is brave sir robin, brave sir robin......... He bravely ran away!

Awesome movie! :love:

SarahP
05-12-2014, 01:02 PM
I bet a lot of people were bitten by rabbits as kids (I nearly wrote bitten by kids as rabbits there! :D)

catxx
05-12-2014, 01:49 PM

My boss is one of them haha! Doesn't like buttons on any piece of clothing.

I watched a thing about phobias years ago, someone afraid of feathers and all sorts. I used to be really bad around dead bugs, live ones I'm fine, including spiders, but if they're dead I'd run a mile. I'm better now, will even smoosh the odd mosquito.

Sarah1989
05-12-2014, 01:59 PM

I have a phobia of the dark because that's when the werewolves are going to get me :oops:

Lucy-Lou
05-12-2014, 02:03 PM
I have a phobia of the dark because that's when the werewolves are going to get me :oops:

Fear of the dark is rational though, because you can't see what's in the darkness! :shock: