• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Breed?

Ziebirds

Young Bun
Hi

I'm new to rabbits and had my little Elphie now four months and I know she's a rex
1de5934aa30dae880b331b43da85455c.jpg

But my OH Aunty has had a bit of a dilemma as she's had two which have had babies, I know a night mare, her buck and doe now have been neutered thank god but I've took on two of their babies which have are the same age as Elphie. I have no idea what breed they are or nor does my OH's Aunty.

Here they are

b57ebf00419cbb0ebcd8f46ce2958aa3.jpg
79777c6822269946c5460470f4e9eea0.jpg
5dafd11892c8f31b65b68a85b6764591.jpg

I hoping to bond them with Elphie eventually but not yet.

I'm just wondering what breed they are? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

The last pic looks like he/she may have mini lop in him/her. They look like crossbreeds. Do you have pictures of the parents?

Yes, I agree looks lop crossed with something. Their noses are more dwarf lop than mini.

If you get a chance to ask about the parents that might give you a better idea, but it's possible they are mixed up bunnies so you can get all sorts of traits come out in the offspring.

I agree they look to be cross breeds, some lop in there somewhere !!

I am wondering how old they are and how long you have had them ? The body language of the one in the corner with both 'uppy' ears looks to be rather ill at ease. Could they both be Bucks (Males) ? If so you may need to separate them until you get them both neutered.

Good luck with the new additions to your family :)

I've only had them about a day and they've been living outside and not been handled a lot cos they're very jumpy with people

I let them out last night and sat still and they both came out and had a good explore and groomed themselves

They're both does and I haven't split them up yet cos they were very jumpy like I said so I didn't want to make them worse by splitting them up

My other half asked what they're parents are and they only know the mother is a dwarf lop but have no idea of dad

Back