• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An update on Pumpkin: sad news (again)

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
After the blow of Coltsfoot passing away yesterday, today Pumpkin had her exploratory surgery to see what the lump that was found on the scan was - and it in inoperable cancer.

The tumour itself is still relatively small BUT it is growing in what my vet described as the worst place - just as the caecum comes into the duodenum (I think ive got that right - he also said it had a junction with something else at that point but I had blanked out by then).

It is impossible to operate on and will just grow now and cause a blockage. How quickly they do not known. Its a focused tumour so the rest of her is fine - no lymph nodes affected, no other gut tissue affected - just this **** tumour that cannot be operated on without destroying the gut at its most difficult part.

We had so been hoping it was just a small cyst of some kind or at worst a lump in a lymph node that could just be taken out.

It was another huge bill (over £350 - we paid the same only yesterday for Coltsfoot's sad operation and a scan on Pumpkin ) and another very sad set back. She is back home now but they suggest pts as soon as it starts to affect her and she gets another of the stassis like events.

I feel like life is just throwing everything at me at the moment - we already have a lot of other things going on which are very difficult in our lives at present -

and I feel so very sad for Pumpkin and her husbun Peapod. She is only 5.

I am so sorry that you're going through such a tough time, bad things always seem to happen in batches, I hope you are due a turnaround of luck soon xx

The vet suggested possibly a few weeks at most . . . so sad - he had another bun in today with the same thing - though in a slightly different place.

Oh Twigs, I am so sorry that you have received more sad news.

I hope that Pumpkin can remain happy and comfortable for as long as possible.

Thinking of you all. xx

I'm so sorry, parsnipbun. Life really is piling on to you at the moment. You and Pumpkin are in my thoughts and prayers that she will enjoy her time left with you and Peapod. (((((((Massive hugs))))))))
I'm also so very sorry about the passing of Coltsfoot. You did so very much for him. Such a sad time and not fair at all. :cry: xxxxxxx

Oh no I'm so very sorry, I really hope that Pumpkin has a painfree and happy life for as long as possible. Thinking of you xx

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time. Such sad news about pumpkin. I hope you all, inc. her husbun enjoy your remaining time with her.

Back