• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumping rabbit .... No idea what to do!

JoLB

Warren Scout
Hi,

I posted about Barney being pts, and asked advice about Bluebell.

Following that, we've brought her indoors so she has company and warmth.

However, in the early hours, she thumps. I've been up since 4.30am. I have a baby and a toddler.... I don't need Bluebell keeping me up too! She's got things to chew, food, hay, water. I've put a fleece blanket in. I'm getting a cuddly toy today to keep her company.

Has anyone got any other advice? She's a moody rabbit generally anyway. Not overly keen on cuddles. And still thumped when I csne downstairs and tried to sleep in the same room.

Thanks!

P.s. She used to be an indoor rabbit until 4 years ago, and has been outside since. We brought her indoors last Thursday I think it was.

What is she living in? Scarlet thumps when she has to be in overnight (usually post GA or if her or Nokey are unwell)because she hates being confined to a dog crate.

She's in the base of the guinea pig cage (I'm not using the lid!), with a box to hide in, her litter tray etc. I use a play pen
Type gate to block off the rest of the room when we are in bed. So she has loads of room!

She's in the base of the guinea pig cage (I'm not using the lid!), with a box to hide in, her litter tray etc. I use a play pen
Type gate to block off the rest of the room when we are in bed. So she has loads of room!

Could you carpet it? then a quilt? anything to soften the sound?

Reducing the sound is a good idea. It might just be she needs to get used to the sounds/smells of indoors again. If she thumps at the same time each day it could be something like your heating coming on. You could add a few more boxes to give her more cover. If she had a hutch outside maybe try that indoors and see if the familiarity makes her feel more settled.

When mine were in last year, the sound of the heating coming on sent them bonkers in the night, thumpity thump!

Back