• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People's views on the Yeovil bunnies!

el1983

Mama Doe
Oh god its driving me mad! I dont know if were allowed to talk about it on here but raaaaahhhh! I can totally understand that alot of ppl end up with too many rabbits, things get out of hand etc, bad health, money issues and no one ever knows all the fact but ppl on fb just prove that there is a long way to go for rabbits. Apparently the size of the cages are ok because if you haven't noticed those sized hutches are widely sold!!!! I bet each one of them were individually cared for! What all 100 of them! "There are runs there for them to stretch thier legs" yeah all of about 4ft by 4 ft if that! The state of the bottles, well "apparently there was clean watee in some" so that's ok. Im not trying to get everyone slagging it off and im not having a go at the women whos buns they are, even though I think its very wrong, its just some ppl defending that way of keeping rabbits is so sad. Luckily though there were more ppl who thought it was wrong so that is a good thing. Got me so mad [emoji37]

I think it's dreadfully sad. I know that they have been inundated with offers for homes, but part of me can't help but feel that some of those homes won't be much better than the conditions they are living in now. People like the idea of 'rescuing' them but I don't think that a lot of them willbe prepared to neuter/spay or vaccinate let alone cope with the health problems that the rabbits could be facing due to poor diet and other issues.

I know I'm a terrible cynic. I know that not all rabbits (or other animals for that matter) can be 'saved' and go to 5 star homes, but I hope that at least a good chunk of them will experience the life and love that they deserve.

Hi ! I am new here. I offered a home to a single doe from the mass rescue as we have a lonely neutered Hector here (chinchilla mini lop). I haven't heard anything. I guess they are just busy sorting it hopefully.. there were plenty of offers from other rescues and I felt that the overwhelming opinion was sadness and dismay for the bunnies conditions. Sadly also that the hutches were no bigger than in any large high street pet shop:cry:

Oh god its driving me mad! I dont know if were allowed to talk about it on here but raaaaahhhh! I can totally understand that alot of ppl end up with too many rabbits, things get out of hand etc, bad health, money issues and no one ever knows all the fact but ppl on fb just prove that there is a long way to go for rabbits. Apparently the size of the cages are ok because if you haven't noticed those sized hutches are widely sold!!!! I bet each one of them were individually cared for! What all 100 of them! "There are runs there for them to stretch thier legs" yeah all of about 4ft by 4 ft if that! The state of the bottles, well "apparently there was clean watee in some" so that's ok. Im not trying to get everyone slagging it off and im not having a go at the women whos buns they are, even though I think its very wrong, its just some ppl defending that way of keeping rabbits is so sad. Luckily though there were more ppl who thought it was wrong so that is a good thing. Got me so mad [emoji37]

Kind of ties in with what I was saying here:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...abbit-Welfare-Unless-They-Actively-Seek-to-be

Sorry Jane I had a quick look for anything similar but you know when you just have to get it out!!! Thanks ill tale a look x

I don't know whether it's just ignorance on their part, but part of me thinks the people who say these things are horrible people. How can you care so little for other living things?

I get so upset and angry over people like this, I have to remind myself of all the wonderful people working in rescues and animal welfare who are left clearing up these people's mess.

Id give them a day or 2 and then contact them again. There were so many ppl have got in touch with them. Make sure you post some pics of your buns ♥♥♥

I don't know whether it's just ignorance on their part, but part of me thinks the people who say these things are horrible people. How can you care so little for other living things?

I get so upset and angry over people like this, I have to remind myself of all the wonderful people working in rescues and animal welfare who are left clearing up these people's mess.
They obviously have no idea how to look after animals. Its so annoying

I think it's dreadfully sad. I know that they have been inundated with offers for homes, but part of me can't help but feel that some of those homes won't be much better than the conditions they are living in now. People like the idea of 'rescuing' them but I don't think that a lot of them willbe prepared to neuter/spay or vaccinate let alone cope with the health problems that the rabbits could be facing due to poor diet and other issues.

I know I'm a terrible cynic. I know that not all rabbits (or other animals for that matter) can be 'saved' and go to 5 star homes, but I hope that at least a good chunk of them will experience the life and love that they deserve.

I thought this too.. A lot of people just saying "I'll have one" and things like that. I can't help but feel the same!

[QUOTE=Aly&Poppy

This is why I haven't offered to take one/two. I have got a spare setup but I couldn't cope with 8 bunnies & I can't afford 8 bunnies. If I took some of these, they'd be stuck in similar circumstances then they are now, or marginally better and my 6 would suffer too. I'd love to help, but realistically they wouldn't be any better off with me so I haven't offered even though I want to. If any of this makes sense!! :oops::lol:

I keep going back to see if there are any updates and keep seeing people saying "oh yes, I'll have one... do they come with huts?"

breaks my heart that they are just seeing this as getting something for free. frying pan to fire me thinks, no wonder the breeder has put a halt to things.

I think some people do genuinely want to help - under a somewhat misguided sense of helping out a sad looking cute rabbit...but without any knowledge and thinking that rabbits are easy to look after.

Unfortunately - alot of us who do have experience and could give one of those buns a lovely home, know only too well how much commitment is involved and have decided that we can't. I was discussing offering to take a couple with hubby the other night, got all carried away and excited - and then reality hit and I knew that I couldn't give them the time they would really need.

In some ways it may be better for the lady to go through RSPCA as she is doing - but there is the danger of RSPCA not re-homing and just PTS.

It's a tough one - and the breeder is coming under all sorts of abuse - (possibly justified?) - but that all these so called animal lovers who are abusing her are having a terribly detrimental affect - if only they realised this.

What a very sad situation :cry:

Back