• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking of getting a bunny

willowflower27

Mama Doe
I miss Evan and Dana so much and the time hasn't been right for me but I finished my diploma in rabbit nursing and I'm making in roads with education of owners at work but when I come home there is no bunny and I feel I could give a great home to a rescue of course but my problem is I'm terrified! I will be waiting to after Christmas obviously as I have family coming etc but what scares me is I end up with another Evan I don't mean that to sound bad but Evan was ill from the very second I brought him home from the sspca shelter but I loved him so much my heart literally broke when he passed then losing Dana a month later was horrendous.
How to you all cope or am I being silly should I just leap and worry later? My track record with rabbits is awful I mean awful some of you might remember all my woes I actually began to feel like I was a bad owner but I think it's more I'm choosing rabbits (or being chosen) by rabbits that require a little extra

It is very hard when you lose a much loved pet :cry: but I'd rather have them in my life and have all the happy times even though when they go it is so hard.

have you considered a huge, longish haired Syrian hamster? very characterful and lovable, nowhere near the cost, nowhere near the damage?

It is very hard when you lose a much loved pet :cry: but I'd rather have them in my life and have all the happy times even though when they go it is so hard.

Yeah, I really agree with this. Gotta admit that after loosing Quinn a couple of weeks ago it's been hard but it's also made me think and I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to make the most of for however long I have my remaining hooligans (hopefully a really long time) but after that I would volunteer to foster. I've always appreciated the family that fostered Logan before I got her and the thought of paying forward that care and building of confidence she was given as well as meeting and getting to know new bunny personalities really appeals.

Maybe you could do the same thing; dip your toes in the water so to speak and help out those rabbits that need a bit of extra care before finding their permanent home and then when you feel ready adopt permanent rabbits (or judging by some RU posts fail with the fostering)?

Back