• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UD very sadly Coltsfoot has left us - Coltsfoot has a new Bunnykin Mat

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
UD

I do not feel as though I can write anything proper yet - so just updating this thread top say that Colstfoot had to be rushed in for an op a day early (today) as he stopped eating and an abcsess under his eye started to bulge.

After the dental part of the op. was done they found an abcsess reaching up from the tooth roots to behind the eye much more extensive than expected - and he arrested twice whilst they were trying to tackle it - and the second time could not be revived.

I brought him home this afternoon wrapped in his new bunnykin mat and we will bury him in it.

We are heartbroken that he has left us after such struggles together -

I will write a proper tribute when I feel I can for his amazing character and endurance . . . - but wanted to tell everyone who might otherwise be thinking of him tmw when his op was originally due.

THE ORIGINAL POST FOLLOWS BELOW . .

Coltsfoot is ill again at the moment and awaiting an operation (on Wednesday) for a jaw abscess behind one of his 4 remaining teeth -

he has been feeling very low and we have to syringe feed him to try and get some weight back on him as his mouth hurts -

so when I was in Oxfam and saw this Bunnykin Mat

I had to get it for him - even though £2 is actually now a large part of our weekly budget as we are saving for his operation . . .

I think he likes it - its soft and I put some snugglesafes under it . . .

it will be another big operation for him and we are all very worried

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg

Ooops - just realised this should probably be in photos . . . and why are my photos always so SMALL!!!!!????????

Last edited:
Aw bless him. Hope his op goes smoothly and he feels better soon. I hate it when animals are in pain.

That's a really lovely mat, for a gorgeous bunny :love:

All fingers and paws here are crossed for a smooth operation and a quick recovery x

Hi Coltsfoot :wave: you look really comfy on your mat. I really hope that your op goes ok, and isn't to painful for you. Fingers and lots of paws all crossed for you :love::love:

thank you to all of those who wished Coltsfoot good luck - we are so sorry that it was not to be. I will post a 'real' tribute when it seems right. But leaving these images of him on his new Bunnykin mat somehow seems right for now.

I am so very sorry :( Coltsfoot was a very special rabbit.

Binky free little one xxx

Oh I'm so very sorry that this has happened, I really feel for you. Binky free little Coltsfoot xxx

Back