• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PAH advent calendar ingredients?

catxx

Mama Doe
As the PAH website still has their queuing system up, does anyone have this calendar and the exact ingredients for the bunny calendar? All I know is that they're rubbish haha, but would like to know exactly what? I never shop in PAH so haven't seen it in person.

Don't know the exact ingredients but bought it a few years ago and they were yogurt-drop type treats. Dairy and sugar were amoung the ingredients, but don't know the exact ingredients sorry as I didn't buy it again.

EDIT: their website is back up now:
Composition: Oils and Fats, Cereals, Various Sugars, Milk and Milk Derivatives, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Minerals.

Technological Additives: None stated; Sensory Additives: Flavourings (Chocolate, Cream, Vanilla).; Nutritional Additives: Vitamin A 26,000 IU/kg, Vitamin D3 700 IU/kg..

Analytical Constituents: Protein 6%, Crude Fibres 0.5%, Crude Oils and Fats 25%, Crude Ash 8%, Moisture 2.5%.
Feeding Guide: Feed as a treat any time as part of a balanced diet. Some small animals can have delicate tummies so avoid giving these treats in large quantities. Not suitable for small animals under 2 months old. Not suitable for degus and ferrets. Always provide plenty of fresh water for your pet.

Last edited:
Managed to get on the site, this is what's in it, yuck!

Oils and Fats, Cereals, Various Sugars, Milk and Milk Derivatives, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Minerals.

Sarah1991 brought this up the other week. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?433905-Rabbit-Advent-Calendar-(Complaint). The treat is described as a chocolate flavoured drop and the main ingredients are Oils and Fats, Cereals, Various Sugars, Milk and Milk Derivatives.

They are totally inappropriate for rabbits. Please don't give it to your bunnies if you have one.

P@H also sell dandelion flavoured santa which are supposed to be diary free but made of vegetable oil, rice powder and soya flavour. Now why would they think rabbits should be eating that!!!! :censored:

Taken from their website:

Description:
Suitable for the following small animal breeds: Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Rats
This Advent calendar for small animals with delicious chocolate flavour drops behind every door.
These treats have been specially made for special furry little friends as an extra special treat this Christmas.
Not suitable for small animals under 2 months old.
Not suitable for degus and ferrets.
Approximate Dimensions (Product): 32.5 x 23 x 1.5cm

Nutrition:
Composition: Oils and Fats, Cereals, Various Sugars, Milk and Milk Derivatives, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Minerals.
Technological Additives: None stated; Sensory Additives: Flavourings (Chocolate, Cream, Vanilla).; Nutritional Additives: Vitamin A 26,000 IU/kg, Vitamin D3 700 IU/kg..
Analytical Constituents: Protein 6%, Crude Fibres 0.5%, Crude Oils and Fats 25%, Crude Ash 8%, Moisture 2.5%.
Feeding Guide: Feed as a treat any time as part of a balanced diet. Some small animals can have delicate tummies so avoid giving these treats in large quantities. Not suitable for small animals under 2 months old. Not suitable for degus and ferrets. Always provide plenty of fresh water for your pet.

Edit: Beaten to it :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Gah! Just yuck all round.

I've been advising people on Instagram via the Rabbit Residence account to pull the trays and bake their own healthy treats instead, thought I better know the ingredients in full haha!

The fact it has "various sugars" put me off instantly. My bunnies don't have sugar or sugar beet in any of their treats as it's bad for their teeth. Coco has pinched a bite of my biscuit when I dropped my hand down by accident once though, naughty girl! :lol:

Back