• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new Ryedale hutch has finally arrived!! :)

Ailstar

Mama Doe
My custom build Ryedale hutch arrived today and it is absolutely amazing!! I love it!! I got it custom made so that the internal measurements are 6ft x 2.5ft x 2ft (high) and it is absolutely HUGE!!! I never really thought their 5ft double was small but this makes it look tiny! They are only mini lops so people might argue they didn't need the 2ft height but I wanted them to be able to have space above their heads when they periscoped and also plenty of room for climbing on things. It is totally solid and I had a non slip floor put in as well. It is just amazing!! I am so excited to see them in it!! I would totally recommend Rob at Ryedale to anyone. It took him 6 weeks to build the hutch and he was very thorough checking all my requirements and he delivered it to me himself on a Sunday. It is a completely solid hutch, two people wouldn't be able to lift it, my dad had to put it on rollers to get it in the shed!

They are at my parents at the moment in their other hutch. I was going to move them in this Friday but because I'm attaching a runaround tube to it so they can get to their (not yet built) new and much larger run, my dad wants to not move them in until he's attached the runaround because it's so big and it's going to be difficult to do. So I've got to wait a little bit longer yet :(

That's pretty much what mine looks like except that I don't have it on the high legs ��

I now have hutch envy! Cant wait to see Levi and Daisy in it.

Lucky Mr Higgins. Will he be getting a friend to share his ryedale palace?

I love Ryedale Hutches. In my opinion they are probably one of the best hutches around. Yes they are expensive but they are worth every penny, and definitely worth the extra few month of saving up instead of going for the cheaper option. I've learnt that the hard way.

The only thing I wish I had gotten was an 8ft hutch now instead of 6ft to allow the extra space but at the time I bought it, I still hoped that George and Hershel would bond and I could put a ladder in. Now George and Harry have the top floor and Hershel had the bottom before he came inside to long bond with Maggie.

Last edited:
It sounds great, I think you are right to go big even for little bunnies. They are so active that space to jump and zoom is just as important.

Back