• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recommended brushes for Lionheads pleaase?? :)

pudgey420

Warren Scout
Hello

(Sorry not sure where to post this!)

Can anyone recommend a good brush for a lion head that will pick up lots of hair as the comb I has doesnt seem small enough to get them properly and I dont want her getting hairballs :(

Also what remedies can be used for Hairball prevention?

thanks

Kong zoom groom. They are designed for dogs and cats and look useless but somehow they get loads and loads of fur to just fall off the animal during brushing. It works a treat on my mini lion lop. Plus it doesn't pull and all my buns love being brushed with it when they normally loathe brushes :thumb:

Kong zoom groom. They are designed for dogs and cats and look useless but somehow they get loads and loads of fur to just fall off the animal during brushing. It works a treat on my mini lion lop. Plus it doesn't pull and all my buns love being brushed with it when they normally loathe brushes :thumb:

I might try that. I've been using a furminator which gets lots of fur out but I have to be very gentle and Smudge doesn't like it much, not that he likes any brushes. :roll:

I might try that. I've been using a furminator which gets lots of fur out but I have to be very gentle and Smudge doesn't like it much, not that he likes any brushes. :roll:

The only issue is unlike normal brushes the fur doesn't stay on the brush. It's odd it really does just seem to fall off the animal, and so with super fine bunny fluff can get a bit messy :shock: I try to wait for a warmish day and take pops outside!

I use a Furminator small animal brush on Priscilla that picks up loads off her body, but her mane gets tangled easily so I have to use the softest brush possible. A baby hairbrush is the only one I can use on her mane that doesn't seem to hurt her.

Back