• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ashleigh vets out of hours service (manchester area)

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
just wanted to make a thread about them as i'm having to use them at the moment for eddie and i was worried about it but i've been really reassured by the service they provide.

there are three vets who take turns to work it. the one i have met is a lady called alex and she's so lovely. they have a nurse/nurses there and there is always one of the usual vets on call aswell to come in at short notice to do any emergency ops etc. they take turns to be on call.

but for anyone who see's aidan, she said he makes sure his phone is always on if there is any of his patients in so he can be there for them. :love: luckily for me, aidan is the vet on call at the moment which makes me feel alot better.

it was really relaxed when i went there. you can stay for hours if you want. and it was just really relaxed and calm.

so hope this thread helps anyone who uses their out of hours in the future. :wave:

i think i was a bit harsh on this new out of hours vet. he's rang me again to update and spoken to aidan for me. i know it's hard for nurses to even get a placement there so i don't think they'd employ anyone who didn't know what they were doing. i just struggle with change. but he's been nice to me over the phone.

i think i was a bit harsh on this new out of hours vet. he's rang me again to update and spoken to aidan for me. i know it's hard for nurses to even get a placement there so i don't think they'd employ anyone who didn't know what they were doing. i just struggle with change. but he's been nice to me over the phone.

always hard when you get a different one, it was like that after I lost sox, and 2weeks after had to take mabel in as she choked and wanted a check up, you trust the ones you know and are used to, although have to say they do all keep each other updated at ours

always hard when you get a different one, it was like that after I lost sox, and 2weeks after had to take mabel in as she choked and wanted a check up, you trust the ones you know and are used to, although have to say they do all keep each other updated at ours

i think it's more me who is unsettled by change, especially when i like particular ones so much. i met the out of hours vet last night and in person he's actually really nice and quite warm. he seems quite shy really so maybe that's why he came across the way he did on the phone. but he was very kind to both me and eddie.

i think it's more me who is unsettled by change, especially when i like particular ones so much. i met the out of hours vet last night and in person he's actually really nice and quite warm. he seems quite shy really so maybe that's why he came across the way he did on the phone. but he was very kind to both me and eddie.

Im the same if its not the main vet or the other lady, then I feel uneasy

Im the same if its not the main vet or the other lady, then I feel uneasy

yes, i feel that way aswell. i know you sometimes have to give them a chance but when it's about your pet then that's not easy. because if they were rubbish, then it's your pet who would have had that treatment. so it's very hard to trust them. and easier when some you just instantly get a good feeling from.

I been seeing Shiva recently with Otto and he's been great with him, always takes the time to explain everything and handles him really well, he was in with him for a dental today.
I've seen Michelle as well who's been great. Can't remember who I've seen out of hours, it was a woman but I was too worried to remember her name, she was good though, admitted him straight away and then rang me with an update later.
I been really happy with everyone there, nothing's ever too much for them and Otto always comes out looking clean and comfortable. I picked up one of my previous buns from a Companion Care vets and her bottom was damp and mucky and her fur round her mouth was all sticky from meds, I know when they're unwell it can be difficult to keep them looking 'tidy' but it's so reassuring to see Otto leave Ashleigh looking well :D

I been seeing Shiva recently with Otto and he's been great with him, always takes the time to explain everything and handles him really well, he was in with him for a dental today.
I've seen Michelle as well who's been great. Can't remember who I've seen out of hours, it was a woman but I was too worried to remember her name, she was good though, admitted him straight away and then rang me with an update later.
I been really happy with everyone there, nothing's ever too much for them and Otto always comes out looking clean and comfortable. I picked up one of my previous buns from a Companion Care vets and her bottom was damp and mucky and her fur round her mouth was all sticky from meds, I know when they're unwell it can be difficult to keep them looking 'tidy' but it's so reassuring to see Otto leave Ashleigh looking well :D

this is a perfect example really as i didn't gel with shiva at all in terms of personality and i would choose to see him last after aidan and then michelle. but i was happy with the care he gave maisie piggy and that is the main thing. i suppose it's who you gel with really but i know they all give excellent care. i just feel more at ease when it's aidan. x

Back