• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sharing a scary moment!

maggyrose

Warren Scout
Hello all,

I haven't been on here for while, and didn't want to share this until all ok.

Last Saturday I was mopping the utility room which is where the rabbits live free range, I open the door and let them run around on the enclosed patio whilst im doing it. I had a mop bucket full of hot water and some floor cleaner on the doorstep outside.

I was mopping the far end of room, when I heard a splashing sound. Turn around and Pearl is head first in the bucket, struggling to keep her face out of the water!!! She jumped from the inside of door to the mop which was lower.

I grabbed her straight out, she was pretty warm and very wet. I ran to the sink and put some warm water in there, put her in and rinsed most of the wet bits off. Put her on the towel and her heart felt like it was going to burst out of her chest :shock:

I rang the vets and she said to make sure it was all rinsed off, so I rinsed her again in fresh water and made sure I rinsed all areas including ears and nose!!

I had her wrapped in a towel on my chest for a while, she calmed down enough for me to take her upstairs so I could get changed - I was completely soaked too! Put her in a fresh dry towel and dried her.

She then spent the afternoon cleaning and sleeping on a towel next to the radiator in their room.

This was a horrible experience, and it was my fault - she could have died from drowning or shock :roll:

Oh gosh, poor Pearl! What a fright it must have been for the two of you, I'm glad she is ok! Bless her!

What a shock for you both. Glad she has recovered.

Both your rabbits in your sig. look ever so sweet.

Back