• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run Cover/ insulation

Fluffs

Alpha Buck
Hi RU :)

I haven't been on here for a while :oops: but it's getting cold, and wet. VERY wet. :(

I have a blue tarpaulin but I'm not sure it fully works as the run gets cold and soaked anyway. :?

What could I use? One of the (8 ft) sides is sheltered by the fence, the other 8 ft side is half sheltered, one 4 ft side is against the shed and the other is completely open.

Is there any way that I can stop the run getting so cold and wet?
Thank you. :)

Tarp should work unless it has holes in - can you tell from the water marks where the waters coming from? i.e. above, blown in from sides or run off from other areas.

You could go for clear roofing sheeting or poly sheets - they can be screwed on to the wood so give a neater finish too and clear lets more light in.

Adding a raised wood platform (just an inch) over part of it would give a warmer floor they could sit on if they wanted.

Back