• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I being selfish by not getting Timmy another friend???

moi

Mama Doe
For those that dont know, Timmys partner Misty passed away yesterday. I feel so sad seeing him on his own. But I dont want to go down the route of replacing a bun everytime one dies. Does that make sense?? x

I have a pair of Boys, Bunny in that pair is old so I dont want to put him through the stress of bonding a trio. And Ive have recently bonded Buster to Tonic and Peggy. Leaving Timmy on his own :( Obviuosly I had no clue Misty was going to pass away when she did or Id have held off the trio binding and bonded Buster and Timmy x

It depends whether he's outside or inside, IMO. Alfie is a single rabbit now, and won't be getting a friend, but he's inside. If he was outside, I'd get him some company.

I can understand you not wanting to go through the continuous loop of pairing up. However I would think that it's cruel IMO to keep him alone long term; especially considering he's used to being paired up. He's also quite young isn't he? It's different if an elderly rabbit is left from a pair.

Do you think they'd be a chance of a trio bond between Timmy and the boys? Also how old is the bunny you say that's old? I don't think age matters really, lots of people bond their elderly bunnies :D

I'm so sorry you've lost Misty. I've been in this position three times now and each time I've got them another friend. I found it too hard seeing a rabbit grieving and not having company.

I can understand you not wanting to go through the continuous loop of pairing up. However I would think that it's cruel IMO to keep him alone long term; especially considering he's used to being paired up. He's also quite young isn't he? It's different if an elderly rabbit is left from a pair.

Do you think they'd be a chance of a trio bond between Timmy and the boys? Also how old is the bunny you say that's old? I don't think age matters really, lots of people bond their elderly bunnies :D

I'm so sorry you've lost Misty. I've been in this position three times now and each time I've got them another friend. I found it too hard seeing a rabbit grieving and not having company.
He is only 2, Im not sure of Bunnys exact age but he is 5 at the minimum. I dont think he would cope with a trio bond, and if Im honest I dont want to risk it. Timmy wont be alone forever, but until one of my other Bunnys passes away and I can pair him with the remaining bunny he will have to be a single man x

The only other option is a quad but I reaaaaaly dont like the thought of that. The trio bond was surprisingly easy, Im not sure a quad would be x

I do understand what you mean. However, I've never managed it and have always rescued another companion.

I'd say it depends on the bunny. Some manage ok with a human for company, some don't. My Blackavar didn't cope well on his own at all after Badger died, despite being in the same room as 5 other bunnies, he still pined. "Fortunately" I have it planned out that as Slipper & Blackavar are both 3, they will probably die first. Their respective partners, Cherry & Blueberry, will then be bonded. Blueberry will probably be next as he's 18months old and then I'd have to see if Cherry bonded with Jacquetta and Lady Katherine as she's roughly one month younger than them & they're 9 months old so she's approx 8 months. Personally I'm not a fan of trios and three girls is probably a bit ambitious! But fingers crossed I won't have to worry about that for another 10 years!

If I were you, I'd either bring your boy in permanently and give him lots of attention & keep an eye on him for signs of pining. Or keep him outside, but get him a friend.

Thank you. Bringing him in is not an option as I dont have the room. He does seem surprisingly alright, although I cant say for definate obviously as I cant speak Bunny :)

I admit to taking on more than I could handle when I tool on a 7th bun. I did it to help out a friend without thinking of my own needs and money. x

Thank you. Bringing him in is not an option as I dont have the room. He does seem surprisingly alright, although I cant say for definate obviously as I cant speak Bunny :)

I admit to taking on more than I could handle when I tool on a 7th bun. I did it to help out a friend without thinking of my own needs and money. x

You did a lovely thing out of the kindness of your heart and somehow you'll make it work so everyone and everybun is happy :thumb:

You did a lovely thing out of the kindness of your heart and somehow you'll make it work so everyone and everybun is happy :thumb:

Thank you so much. Im gonna have a shift around once my neck is better so his hutch is near the others. That way he'll have 'company'. Just not cuddles from another bun. Until another bun is ready to be paired up x

Back