• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbitless at Christmas

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
On Christmas day it'll be 7 months since I lost Pickles, but I'm still really struggling without him. Just the thought of Christmas without him just makes me feel like someone has put my heart through a food processor. I always spoilt the buns rotten at Christmas, they even had their own tree and stockings, and I'd tiptoe around in my Santa hat when I arranged their presents. I know, that makes me sound like a right weirdo but I loved it! They were so precious to me, I'm scared how I'm going to cope to be honest.

Is anyone else feeling this way? What's the magic solution to 'snapping out of it' do you suppose?

Awww bless you! You're not a weirdo! I dont know the solution but I hope you can still have a nice xmas x

Awh :( you poor thing :( sounds like it'll be tough, you don't sound like a weirdo at all, it sounds like your bunnies were very loved and very spoilt :love: have you got anyone else (human or animal) that you can put your energy into spoiling this year just to help you focus your mind on something and to get through the season?

I don't know that there is a magic solution :( just time :( are you planning on getting any more buns? If so that'll be something to look forwards to, and if not is there anything else that you're looking forwards to that you can focus on to distract your mind?

Sadly there is no magic solution, it's grief & it takes time. I don't think you sound weird at all, your love for your rabbits was obviously very strong and that's beautiful & means your a loving, caring human :) hugs & sending strength vibes for you x

Its hard, I will only have Mabel, Sox will have gone to 4months soon he loved Christmas he loved life :cry: big hugs to you

I know, that makes me sound like a right weirdo but I loved it!
Who cares if you SOUND like a right weirdo: if you loved it, then that's the important thing! I used toy dinosaurs to give my OH his birthday presents last year and we're childless 30-year-olds!

I don't think there is a magic solution: best wishes and I hope Christmas isn't horrid for you!

I sympathise. Last Christmas I got loads of pictures of Badger hopping around my Christmas tree and "helping" me wrap presents. It was his first - and only :cry: - Christmas. Plus I lost Dexter two weeks before Christmas in 2011 so I find it very difficult. Sending hugs xx

On Christmas day it'll be 7 months since I lost Pickles, but I'm still really struggling without him. Just the thought of Christmas without him just makes me feel like someone has put my heart through a food processor. I always spoilt the buns rotten at Christmas, they even had their own tree and stockings, and I'd tiptoe around in my Santa hat when I arranged their presents. I know, that makes me sound like a right weirdo but I loved it! They were so precious to me, I'm scared how I'm going to cope to be honest.

Is anyone else feeling this way? What's the magic solution to 'snapping out of it' do you suppose?

I know how you feel. It takes me years to get over losing those wonderful little souls. So sorry you lost Pickles ... xx

I can definitely understand how you feel. Last Christmas was the first we'd ever not had piggies. Luckily, we had made plans to visit a rescue and get some straight after Christmas, but it really did seem strange and wrong without any on the day (which was daft really).

I'm so sorry, losing a pet is like losing a member of the family, I think you have to have pets to appreciate that. I too get so excited buying for my 2 buns and my cat (they always have more fun with the paper and boxes :lol:) I hope in time you will feel getting another bun or pet, you obviously have a lot of love to give them. Sending you a big hug :love:

Back