• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nottingham Hay Run

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Alright everyone, I know some Nottingham people don't have cars so I'm offering to pick up two bales of hay from Martin's Farm this Saturday (29th) and I'll deliver it to up to three other people (so about half a bale each) within 20mi of Nottingham City Centre (so, Mansfield, Alfreton, Farndon, Chaddesdon, Stathern, Burton on the Wolds as pretty much farthest places). NB: I do not have to deliver on Saturday as I can store 2 bales and I don't know whether I'll be going morning or afternoon yet but I'm busy this Sunday.

If you're interested, PM or email me before midnight Friday (28th). First-come, first-served, cash on delivery :) I'll make another trip between Christmas and New Year on a weekday, weather and garage reshuffle permitting.

Alright everyone, I know some Nottingham people don't have cars so I'm offering to pick up two bales of hay from Martin's Farm this Saturday (29th) and I'll deliver it to up to three other people (so about half a bale each) within 20mi of Nottingham City Centre (so, Mansfield, Alfreton, Farndon, Chaddesdon, Stathern, Burton on the Wolds as pretty much farthest places). NB: I do not have to deliver on Saturday as I can store 2 bales and I don't know whether I'll be going morning or afternoon yet but I'm busy this Sunday.

If you're interested, PM or email me before midnight Friday (28th). First-come, first-served, cash on delivery :) I'll make another trip between Christmas and New Year on a weekday, weather and garage reshuffle permitting.

What an extremely kind offer.

That is a very kind thing to offer.

Price wise, if I remember right, it's abiut £7.50/£8 a bale. I haven't been to martins for a few months though, I went to spring lane in lambley last time and got a bale for £7

Also, martins do a pretty good rabbit food, a large bag (10 or 15 kilos I can't remember) for £8.50. It's allan and page pellets and my buns do really well on it and it's great value for money :) it lasts months!!

Awesome ta, saves me ringing! So half a bale will be about £3-4 (I'll try and bring lots of change ;P).

I'll have a look at the Allen&Page stuff but I'm using Excel from P@H at the mo and one big bag's still 3/4 full after 3 months ;P Might have to take the other half for instant manual handling help: one bale of shavings was alright (just!) but I reckon hay's heavier...! Ooo, I'm also driving back from Essex via Norfolk in a few weeks so I might see if there's a hay place where my friend now lives where I can pick up something different! And if Lopsy really likes it I might have to make time to make more trips to see her ;P

i may take you up on the offer of some hay as i only have 2 bales left and not be able to get now till after christmas and with 10 bunnies it soon goes will let you know

OK doke: depending on how many other takers I get I don't mind passing over whole bales, especially as I've only got one bun at the mo: will coordinate later :)

I'm getting two bales but, as I'm willing to only take a half bale myself, I can split between up to three others :) So a half bale each between four (me and three others) or a whole bale somewhere and two half bales elsewhere, or two whole bales to two different people :)

Sorry for being a pain :lol:
No problem ;P

I think the fullsize ones are 2'x2'x4', so a half would be 2' cubed. No idea of weight, but my 6"x1'x3' bagged mini-bales are difficult to lift with one hand when full, but I can carry three in my arms no problem (except not being able to see very well ;P).

Not sure if that was helpful ;P

OK doke, if you want in on this, please PM me your address and a contact phone number (mobile or landline) before MIDNIGHT. It looks like I'll be going tomorrow afternoon (about 2ish, definitely before 4pm) as I want to go to town in the morning on my bike (cheaper!) to do present shopping (hopefully be less busy at 9am!).

As yet, however, I don't have my car back from the repair place: apparently the carpets were taking AGES to dry XD Should be fine today though, as I've not heard anything yet :) Will post here about 6pm if I won't have a car tomorrow!

Thank you so much for picking me a bale up today very much appreciated and was lovely to meet you :D

So, turns out I can fit three in the car (I don't need to see out the back: wing mirrors are sufficient for short journeys!). Also, why did I choose to go just after my car had been in to be repaired, and a repair that meant the carpets had to be cleaned! I now have a lovely hay-filled car, even after a good brushing! Whenever I move the back seats, hay'll be falling out!

I'll post here again when I go next.

Hello again! I'm going next Wednesday afternoon (14th October) so will need to know by Wednesday 10am. As I said, I can manage 3 bales but I should have the luxury of being able to do multiple trips in one afternoon, even into the evening, so if I get multiple requests I might deliver the three bales and go back for more :)

PM me if you want a bale delivering :) Happy to deliver within 45mins of my house (basically QMC), this time :)

Back