• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's looking a bit old now :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Biscuit is 7 in February, that's just insane.

He's looking a bit old now, he's lost some weight, vet says he's 'okay at the moment, but I wouldn't want him to lose anymore'. His body shape is nowhere near as 'chubby' as he once was, he doesn't ever run around unless there is food on the cards.

I know how to feed a rabbit losing weight, I had Ginger and her special kidneys/gut so know plenty.

I know I could get him to eat more if he had a friend, but right now, as i'm sure many of you are aware, I have too much on my plate and my financial situation does NOT in any way shape of form have a rabbit shaped hole in it.

I guess this is a little W.I.M thread, just someone else to say that they understand.

Gray- without wishing to be stupid, isn't he nearly five? didn't you get him in 2010, shortly before you joined the forum?

But bless him. I do wonder how you're all getting on, rabbit wise. Sorry he's not as good as he was before.

I'm sure you give Biscuit everything he needs, and I know you work in his room, so he gets company too. Don't be hard on yourself over it :thumb:

Sending vibes for Biscuit. I've s special soft spot for him as I think you got him about the same time as Spenser arrived in my life. Spenser is 5 and I'm afraid we have the opposite problem with size and shape. :oops:

Aww, Biscuit! Try hard to eat for daddy, he needs you up to speed. I understand the worry, graham. Bless his heart. Sending vibes to all the Ls. Xxx

Awww...Biscuit :love: He is so lucky to have you. :) And I totally get the 'dreading watching them age'.

Mimzy is 8 this spring, if we are guessing his birthday correctly. He's a bit tatty thanks to these never ending moults he goes through. He doesn't much resemble the bouncy ball of fluff that came to me in 2007. The head tilt has left it's scars and he is also alone, even though his former mate is just in the next room...and his buddy too. But he is too aggressive now to rebond him and it makes me sad to see how stooped and lean he has become in almost three years. And he's rather easily upset. Even just cleaning his habitat gets him into a tizzy of spins that really worry me as to what toll they are taking.
Why do they have to get old? :cry:

Sending snuggles to Biccy from me and his long lost twin brother from another mother. ((((((Hugs))))) Thinking of you and your family. xx

Back