• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another mis-sexed rabbit!

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
My friends recently took their middle-aged (7 I think) housebun, who's been through 4 or 5 owners before them, to the same vets I use and turns out he's a she! We think the vet might be doing it for a laugh... XD ;P They're currently weighing up the prospects of good life quality with and without neutering: any tips?

I would never leave a female unspayed, 80% get uterine cancer if they are left unspayed.

I would get her spayed. Many rescues spay older buns with no problem. Make sure the vet is confident doing it.

I rescued an unspayed 5/6 year old rabbit, we had her spayed asap but still got a mammary tumor the following year which we had removed then lost her last week after having her just over 3 years to another mammary tumour. I would get the rabbit spayed, its damage limitation for the rabbit. We could have lost her a lot sooner if she hadn't been spayed

Back