• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binkys new playhouse complete

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
Binkys now in her new play house, this is what it looked like when we first got it;

13dba2cf82c16bfe99abd0d6396bbb1a.jpg

This is what it looks like finished (the windows are borded up till we get perspex though)

6dddf4d7f1d37b96c046d76a390c0742.jpg

We ended up doing so much; roof changes, sanding, painting, plying...the list goes on!

Heres the photos of the inside..shes on newspaper till we get some lino
She also wont have a proper hay rack till tomorrow so has a lovely pile of green hay

42374a973002fb962a5883fe404393e5.jpg

401aa14dbbd1fe0682d250fc4a100695.jpg

f5b60081b195e78dfe16a7b0e1e8aeb6.jpg

102ad08dc745f2d54142e64598acc877.jpg

She absolutely loves it, but is so excited she wont stay still for photos :lol:
It was a lot of hard work...but so worth it!
Also sorry about the angles, it was hard to try and take photos of it all!

That's a lovely playhouse. I like the brown wood stain - it makes the wood look in such better condition!
Thanks, I really wasn't sure what color to paint it at first..I just knew it couldn't stay red!
The brown matches the other rabbit shed too!
with the red and white window frames it reminded me too much of a barn on a farm :lol:

That's awesome :D I'm really jealous, mine's still nowhere near as nice/finished! Mine's also currently red and blue (blue frames, door etc.) so I understand the painting pain ;P Mine will be white all over as it's in the sun in summer.

I think I've seen that first photo before: did you get it off gumtree/ebay sometime in the last 3 months?!

That's awesome :D I'm really jealous, mine's still nowhere near as nice/finished! Mine's also currently red and blue (blue frames, door etc.) so I understand the painting pain ;P Mine will be white all over as it's in the sun in summer.

I think I've seen that first photo before: did you get it off gumtree/ebay sometime in the last 3 months?!

Sanding it all down is a right pain!

I got it off of facebook about August time, I have posted the photo on the forum before though!:)

Loving the colour scheme!

I wonder how tidy it is after Binky's made herself at home ;) :lol:
Shes actually still too excited to wreck things :lol:
Shes binkying everywhere (name appropriate!) And chinning&licking everything
She accidentally knocked the plant pot over earlier trying to get in it because it was too wet to put a brick in it

I really do hope I get lino soon though, the other shed is so much easier to sweep up hay from the rack but with newspaper it's not and she gets her rack tomorrow, she loves mess :lol:

Im fully expecting to wake up to hay everywhere, water bowl with something it shouldn't have in it, chunks of willow ball everywhere, and stray poops :lol:

That's wonderful, love the brown paint, it looks so smart! Bless her loving her new house!
She really is loving it, I looked out my bedroom window and I can see this little bottom go into the air followed by her back legs and she is running around binkying everywhere :lol: :love:

I went downstairs to try and get a video and she sat at the mesh giving me stink eye for disturbing, came back upstairs and she was binkying everywhere again! :lol:

Theres a few stray poo's but I expected that - it seems shes in the pile of hay and hasn't got to the litter tray quick enough so just drops them there and to mark her territory too I suppose!

Yeah, im not sure why it is but it always has been and its only one eye too! :lol:
Makes her easily recognisable though;)

Thats what I thought...but thats not like Binky :shock: im still waiting for the mess :lol:

If she's anything like my Boots, it will be in a day or 2 :lol:

Back