• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please welcome PONGO!

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Well, this is Pongo - the five year old neglected bunny I have been looking after for a week. Once we have established his health and if he can be neutered he will be, and then I will attempt to bond my two single girls, Pootle and BabyBun with him! At the moment I am not sure about his health as he is excessively drinking (500ml/24 hours).

This is the first picture his owner sent me to ask if I wanted him...

Here are a few others. Can anyone advise re weight? He is a bigger bunny to what I have had in the past, but I am not sure if it is to do with his breed, or if he is overweight. I am possibly worrying re weight, due to seeing what his diet was like with his old owner (photo above!)

He's a lovely chap :love: His weight looks OK in the photos, he doesn't need to gain any more though. Could his excessive drinking be Dental related given the poor diet he has had ?

He's a lovely chap :love: His weight looks OK in the photos, he doesn't need to gain any more though. Could his excessive drinking be Dental related given the poor diet he has had ?

Yes I think a dental might be in order as his eyes can weep a little too. Vet just wanted to make sure he didn't put him under a GA for neuter/dental before checking his bloods due to the amount he was drinking (kidney/liver fine - await EC results). I think if EC comes back ok, then a GA for neuter/dental will be next step.

He is beautiful!... Very like my Bramble in looks and build,,,Good luck with him, i hope his health and teeth are ok and that he can make a fab husbun. X

Wow, he looks a lot like my Amy! She has more markings over her nose and sort of stripes on her back, though. She's quite big for being a dwarf, too.

Best of luck with this big guy, he's a very handsome fellow!

His coat looks good and he is a little like my Bobby! My Bobby would think he'd gone to Heaven if he saw all that food all at once. If he manages to eat it all, maybe that is why he drinks so much? Does he eat hay as well?

Well done for helping him.

His coat looks good and he is a little like my Bobby! My Bobby would think he'd gone to Heaven if he saw all that food all at once. If he manages to eat it all, maybe that is why he drinks so much? Does he eat hay as well?

Well done for helping him.

Well he certainly doesn't get that much now!! He must wonder what has happened! He only gets a handful of pellets in the morning and veggies at night - he is not used to veggies other than his old owners used to give him one carrot every day....

He does eat hay and readigrass, so am getting him slowly over to a more healthy diet.

Aw, he's a bit Lopsy-like! Lopsy's a chunky bun but even at 2.3kg still has a decent amount (maybe too much) of spine feeling through. Your bun's ears are shorter though :)

Back