• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

indoors for winter

lollypop1984

Young Bun
Hi guys i was just wondering what people were doing with there buns if this nasty cold weather hits. I'm getting prepared just in case i have to bring them in. what do you all think. i know they can be kept outside but wasn't sure if they would be ok if it gets to -7 like they say it will.
Thanks

I think as long as they are in a damp and draft free hutch/run then they will be fine if the temperature does dip right down.
I am bringing my two in, but only because the outhouse where they live is starting to get damp and because the garden is already a swamp so their exercise area is restricted.

Normally bunnies can stay outside also when it gets to -7 ;)
It's just important that they are not alone, have enough space and an isolated hutch.
When the temperature difference between outside and inside is too big, you shouldn't move them inside.

If you can bring them inside, and can offer them accomodation as large as they have outside, then I personally would do. It is so much easier to tend to them inside during winter :)

I have 2 rabbits and they are kept in a 6x4 shed which is ply-lined with polystyrene between the sheets. at the mo the temp isn't to bad its prob a couple of degrees warmer than out side. they have a hide box which is packed with hay. I will check the temps over the next few days and see. i would love them to be inside as they would get much more attention. they get lots now but inside they would have lots.plus i sort of like them being out sid where its bigger. if i brought them inside they would have a something thats a little bigger than a rabbit 120 with a run.
thanks for your advice guys

Back