• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

angora rabbits

:wave:
Much harder.

My bun Chloe has had several demats costing me hundreds of pounds, this means her going under anesthetic which is always incredibly worrying. So now I cut her hair more or less every day as she won't tolerate brushing. This seems to be working well, however I can't cut the hair underneath her so it means she is likely to go for another demat next year.

I would never have another long haired animal again.

I once had an angora x (lop earred) and didnt have any problems with his fur. But dont know what percentage of him was angora. I have heard that angora fur is very quick to tangle.

:wave:
Much harder.

My bun Chloe has had several demats costing me hundreds of pounds, this means her going under anesthetic which is always incredibly worrying. So now I cut her hair more or less every day as she won't tolerate brushing. This seems to be working well, however I can't cut the hair underneath her so it means she is likely to go for another demat next year.

I would never have another long haired animal again.

This bunny is gorgeous, in both photos. [I'm assuming these are before and after....]
I can fully understand why you wouldn't have another, though.

I love Chloe :love: I love angoras in general but I don't think I could manage the coat well enough to actually have one ever!

I had a full angora, rescued from a pet shop in an awful state.... Really hard to keep on top of and unless youve loads of experience and know how to clip or are prepared to spend money having it done at the vets.... I would say definatley no x

Back